Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

self installing hkc

• 30-11-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

hi guys
    i`ve been attempting to install my alarm but it`s harder than i first thought! have panel 8/12 keypad and external sabb wired. the house is only wired for pir`s.i know should have window contacts but only a 4 core pulled to each room and its a two storey so dont fancy ripping up floors etc.could someone give me a push in right direction as i have tried every possible connection of the pir`s and stil cant get the keypad to id them.
    thanks in advance
    j timber

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are these ID PiRs ?
    If they are standard you wire one pair into power + & -
    And the other pair to the zone ( and tamper if required)
    If normal PiRs there is nothing to ID you just wire into each zone on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 captainsparo

iv a hkc alarm, just got 12v smoke alarm to link in with panel. Does any one know what cable can be used? Could cat 6 cable be used as i av some spare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

j timber wrote: »
    hi guys
    i`ve been attempting to install my alarm but it`s harder than i first thought! have panel 8/12 keypad and external sabb wired. the house is only wired for pir`s.i know should have window contacts but only a 4 core pulled to each room and its a two storey so dont fancy ripping up floors etc.could someone give me a push in right direction as i have tried every possible connection of the pir`s and stil cant get the keypad to id them.
    thanks in advance
    j timber

An 8/12 ? The better option would of being to install the Securewave.
    You could join a cable from the PIR location and run it in mini trunken to the window and install sensors on it. Much more secure than just PIRs installed in each room.
    If you only have a four core cable, use two for power and duel end of line the alarm/tamper.
    In the zone menu, go to zone hardware and set the zone up for duel end of line.

iv a hkc alarm, just got 12v smoke alarm to link in with panel. Does any one know what cable can be used? Could cat 6 cable be used as i av some spare?

It will work on the cat 6 cable but alarm cable is always best to use. Much easier to use and less prone to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

thanks guys i`l try that in the morn.

• Advertisement

thanks guys i`l try that in the morn.

Your welcome, If you have any other problems you know where we are ;)

hello there afraid more help needed,wired the pir`s as per altor drawin and all ok.keypad tells me there is zones open even tho they not(stil links in z1 zone 1) so dont know what problem is.

hello there afraid more help needed,wired the pir`s as per altor drawin and all ok.keypad tells me there is zones open even tho they not(stil links in z1 zone 1) so dont know what problem is.

If the zone hardware is non end of line and you still have the links in there may be an issue with the zone. Can you go into zone types and change it to unused. This will turn the zone off altogether.

What other zones are you having issues with ?

finally got back to the alarm..i turned off the zone that was giving me hassle as altor suggested.i wired the pir to another zone and stil getting tamper fault so changed pir and stil have the fault???

finally got back to the alarm..i turned off the zone that was giving me hassle as altor suggested.i wired the pir to another zone and stil getting tamper fault so changed pir and stil have the fault???

Time for pictures of the PIR wiring plus the control panel wiring.
    Should of also said you will need to set up another zone as entry/exit. if there is a PIR in the location of the entry to your home set this up on that zone. Zone types.

• Advertisement

i`m back to the alarm at last.i found the fault which was giving me the hassle so all sorted there. for the entry exit i`m putting in door contacts right or wrong???
    also i`ve just wired the internal bell but when i arm the system it goes into fault straight away telling me i`ve an external bell tamper fault. i obvously have the tamper in wrong terminals but cant seem to c anywhere for tamper for internal.should i just put in a resistor??
    many thanks in advance

i`m back to the alarm at last.i found the fault which was giving me the hassle so all sorted there. for the entry exit i`m putting in door contacts right or wrong???
    also i`ve just wired the internal bell but when i arm the system it goes into fault straight away telling me i`ve an external bell tamper fault. i obvously have the tamper in wrong terminals but cant seem to c anywhere for tamper for internal.should i just put in a resistor??
    many thanks in advance

A contact on the front door is correct, make sure the zone is set up as an entry/exit.

There must be a problem with the external bell tamper, can you post a picture of the panel and external bell connections.

The tamper of the internal bell can either be connected in series with the tamper return off the external bell or into the tamper side of a zone.

Advertisement