Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kinetica protein

• 30-11-2011 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering if many people on here have used this brand of protein. if so how does it mix, which flavor is the nicest and is it good value.

I have previously used on but I have found their product has changed in taste. I tried gaspari protein and found it far too sweet, usn bloated me. If other people have used some of the brands i have mentioned and kinetica, how do they compare.

Also if someone else has used protein that they found very good I wouldnt mind hearing about them.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Kinetica is good.
    Mixes well generally (though I find the strawberry does not mix as well)

Irish made product too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I haven't bought it recently but I thought it was fine. I LOVE Scitec whey. I got a box of different flavoured sachets and am working my way through them. I'm going to cry when I finish them.

Oh, I was in Tesco and got a 1kg tub of Nutri-lean extra whey protein for €11 I'm not sure if it was wrongly priced or a special offer or what, but I bought it, and it tastes fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

EileenG wrote: »
    I haven't bought it recently but I thought it was fine. I LOVE Scitec whey. I got a box of different flavoured sachets and am working my way through them. I'm going to cry when I finish them.

Oh, I was in Tesco and got a 1kg tub of Nutri-lean extra whey protein for €11 I'm not sure if it was wrongly priced or a special offer or what, but I bought it, and it tastes fine.

Where in the store is it usually kept?
    And where did you get the mixed sachets?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I use the Kinetica vanilla flavour, I really like it!! I look forward to my glass every morning and it's great in shakes :)

Surprisingly sweet, but not sickeningly so ...

Where in the store is it usually kept?
    And where did you get the mixed sachets?
    Thanks

Got the Nutri-lean in Tesco in Clare Hall, in the section with the yoga mats and beside the bicycle locks etc.

Got the Scitec in Budapest. But I'm sure you can get them mail order or online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mack11

I have used Kinetica whey protein Mint Choc flavour. Its really nice,refreshing and mixes well. I requested other samples off their website recently so just waiting to try them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

i will be having a look at that in clarehall so
    Mack11 wrote: »
    I have used Kinetica whey protein Mint Choc flavour. Its really nice,refreshing and mixes well. I requested other samples off their website recently so just waiting to try them.
    might try mint chocolate ice cream but i think ill be going for chocolate to be safe
    Glowing wrote: »
    I use the Kinetica vanilla flavour, I really like it!! I look forward to my glass every morning and it's great in shakes :)

Surprisingly sweet, but not sickeningly so ...

cheers think i'll try it and seems good value at 75 euro for 10lbs of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kinetica is fine. It might not have changed. Whey is food so might not always be a consistent taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Gym has 10% off so I can get 1kg of kinetica whey for 22.50, can't argue with that.
    I like to stick with vanilla as I often add stuff like frozen banana, berries or pb.

cheers think i'll try it and seems good value at 75 euro for 10lbs of it

Where do you get 10lbs for €75?

• Advertisement

Where do you get 10lbs for €75?

fitnessireland

I was browsing discountsupplements.ie and remembered this post.

They sell Scitec - link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cork95

Does anyone know how much water you should use with kinetica? It says 200ml but that seems like very little?

Try it with 200ml and if it's not enough add more. If you start with too much, you can't take water out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I always add more water
    It rehydrates me after the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mack11

I mixed the Kinetica with 200mls also and I find it mixes well. I have recently had an operation and because the food wasn't great in the hospital and I was worrying about losing weight I began using their Rasberry/Youghurt Oat Gain that I had recieved as a sample. It tastes really good.

tried kinetica and must say i found it very very good, just finished a tub there tonight. mixes really well with 400mls of water, doesnt taste to watery and i got mint chocolate which i really liked.
    I found i recovered faster with this protein compared to gaspari, usn, on and muscletech protein.
    I also notice a difference in my size with it.
    taking into account of value, taste, recovery, mixable id give it a 9/10 or 10/10 regarding whey protein only downside is the 2.27kg tub doesnt last as long as other brands due to the shovel you get for your serving, its very easy to go over the 30g serving, reducing the number of serving per tub but would certainly buy it again

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Where in central dublin sells a tub of banana flavoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Fitness Ireland in Smithfield.
    They're open on Sundays now too.
    http://www.fitnessireland.ie/fitness_ireland_shop_dublin/

Advertisement