Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas presents for creche workers?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Yes, it's that time of the year again!! I was just wondering what other parents whose kids are in a creche do at christmas - do ye give the creche workers gifts of any kind at christmas, even a box of chocolates or something? My son wasn't long in the creche last year so we didn't give anything but he's there over a year now and the girls who look after him are really lovely and do a great job and he really likes them. I was just wondering if I should give them something, and if so, what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My son started in crèche in September and the staff are really lovely. I'm going to get a box of chocolates for the staff room and maybe something small for his minder.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Thanks. I might just do the box of chocolates thing... just a small token of appreciation for their work. He has a main carer but it could be any one of about 3 girls looking after him. Hopefully that would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm giving my LO creche minders a box of milktray and bottle of wine each, there are 3 minders and all mind her so giving each girl a pressie, they work so hard. I even give chocs at easter time and when LO moves out of room to another room, a thank you pressie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

was just thinking the same myself what to give as I dont want to say break any rules if there is any in relation to this ...maybe a few bottles of wine and a bunch of flowers...i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sashmo

I worked in a playschool a few years back. At Christmas some parents gave present to all three workers. Some gave only to the lady running the playschool and some parents didn't give at all.
    There's no doubt receiving is fab! But you know back when everyone was paying for their playschool place I understand those who didn't give.
    The gifts included the following .... wine, flowers,chocolates, candles, picture frames, perfume (which is still in its wrapping for me to pass on to someone I don't care too much for!)
    So it's really your own decision.
    I now do childminding. I'll be buying gifts for those children and I would be very offended if the parents didn't give a present. It's got good and bad days as any job!
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've been thinking about it again and I'm going to get chocolates. I'll buy a tub of roses for the staff room and a nice box for his minder.

Advertisement