Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXII Dec 3rd (Marvel Tournament!!)

Options
  • 30-11-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I'm going to run a UMVC3 tournament at this weeks Inferno.

I'm hoping to be able to use whatever setups are allready available to run it but i will aditionally be bringing my Xbox and attempting to bring my TV.

Also could everyone who has a copy of the game please bring it (atm that doesnt include me :()

Anyone willing to show/help me run the bracket would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking a 5 euro for entry.

I'm hoping some of you Marvel heads show up to play.

Tournament will be Double Elim, best 2/3 Grand Finals which will be 3/5.

I'm expecting a small turnout for Ae so my plan would be begin the Marvel Tourney after Ae groups are finished, hopefully splitting the set-ups at that point. If people think i should do it differently please speak up.

Doors to Exchange open at 10am, registration will be from 11am to 1pm (at the latest).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd recommend asking a mod to move this to the main Inferno thread, so as not to have the info split across multiple threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'd recommend asking a mod to move this to the main Inferno thread, so as not to have the info split across multiple threads.

Consider it recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

awesome. even though things are a little intense for me now (3 lab exams and 1 written exam next week) ill make my way over for the tourny but can't stay for any casuals if there are any afterwards. im sure Koko_Pops will want to be there as well.
    btw, any idea when the tourny will start and end? you said registration will end at around 1pm, so im assuming that would mean the tournament would start around then. how long do you think it will last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Doors to XGC open at 10am .

XGC? isn't the tourny going to be at the Exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Tournament will be Double Elim, best 2/3 except Winners, Losers and Grand Finals which will be 3/5.

Why 3/5? We've never done that with our tourneys before.

• Advertisement

2gen wrote: »
    XGC? isn't the tourny going to be at the Exchange?

Yh sorry its the Exchange not XGC, i always mix them up.

Also only Grand Finals will be 3/5 (srry about that)

Any mod be willing to merge this thread into the Original inferno 22 thread. Probably best that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm thinking a 5 euro for entree.

that brings the day up to 20 quid...

that brings the day up to 20 quid...

Ideally it would be 10 for sf and 5 for marvel but since i'm not running the SF tourney and have no idea who is i can't unilaterally lower the entry fee for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Marvel tourney should be good fun, will probably enter SF too for the craic

You can even move that MM for DOC to this event in UMVC3 for sat if you have what it takes StevO:pac:

Nutrient wrote: »
    Marvel tourney should be good fun, will probably enter SF too for the craic

You can even move that MM for DOC to this event in UMVC3 for sat if you have what it takes StevO:pac:

Not only do i not have what it takes... i don't even have the game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Not only do i not have what it takes... i don't even have the game :(

Oh right I totally forgot my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ideally it would be 10 for sf and 5 for marvel but since i'm not running the SF tourney and have no idea who is i can't unilaterally lower the entry fee for that.

Where's the venue fee coming from in this scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Where's the venue fee coming from in this scenario?
    His Inferno winnings tongue.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Stevo, do you still want this merged? Aint got no reported post or any communication from you to do so... just it's a pain for me to reverse if not.

Secondly, bash out the venues cut with Chopper, he's the TO.

Stevo, do you still want this merged? Aint got no reported post or any communication from you to do so... just it's a pain for me to reverse if not.

Secondly, bash out the venues cut with Chopper, he's the TO.

Nah i think it's fine to leave it as a separate thread at this point.

Advertisement