Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More changes at Lyric Fm

• 30-11-2011 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

After more than 8 years presenting the drivetime show Niall Carroll moves to an new 4 hour midmorning/lunchtime slot from next monday, Liz Nolan takes over the drivetime show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Jay Pee wrote: »
    After more than 8 years presenting the drivetime show Niall Carroll moves to an new 4 hour midmorning/lunchtime slot from next monday, Liz Nolan takes over the drivetime show.

Source?

Who is getting chopped? Please not Paul Herriott In Tempo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I heard mention of that today. It seems the RTE early retirement/rendundancy and cost cutting measures are starting to kick in.
    Eamonn Lawlor is retiring this week and some production staff are going as well from what I could gather from listening today.

Eamonn is a fine broadcaster and a great host for the live symphony concerts on a Friday night. I'll miss him.
    No sign of Marty W or John Kelly being shifted alas.
    You'd imagine those salaries are probably the highest and would represent a good saving and actually improve the quality of the service.

So Marty will be upgraded to Eamonn Lawlor's spot at 8 in the evening. In tempo will run 7am to 10 am, Nial Carroll 10am to 2pm, with Kelly and Liz to follow?????????? Or should we fear the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jay Pee

Paul Herreiott is moving to the 8/10pm evening slot

So the worthy ones are shuffled up the ladder and Marty stays where he is. It sort of proves us naysayers correct. Maybe the quality compass at Lyric has been rediscovered and more changes will follow..:cool:

I had a brief listen to Nial today. He seem pretty calm and intelligible, a worthy replacement for Paul. Generally I try to listen to Lyric in the morning and if it weren't for the daily dose of sanity starting at ten I'd probably have blood on my hands.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The Kelly Ansamble was the answer to a question nobody asked.

Advertisement