Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fumito ueda leaves sony

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Over react much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Over react much?

Always ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well hopefully he moves on to better things and doesn't end up at a **** factory like Inafune ending up at Idea Factory. He wasn't always at Sony, he started with Warp making Saturn games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Quick throw your PS3's out the window!! :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see what he moves onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wonder why he's leaving...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Hope whatever conflict caused this does not reflect in the games finished quality...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's just some suits, no actual developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ueda is still working on The Last Guardian as a freelancer though so hopefully we get a release date soon.

Anyone else think this had anything to do with the HD collections of ICO and SOTC?

He probably just decided he could make more money freelancing from his own company. A lot of japanese developers do it now including Shinji Mikami and Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Otacon wrote: »
    Ueda is still working on The Last Guardian as a freelancer though so hopefully we get a release date soon.

Anyone else think this had anything to do with the HD collections of ICO and SOTC?

In what respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

noodler wrote: »
    In what respect?

Just a complete guess on my part, but I am not sure he would have been too happy with his team's time being taken up with the HD collection when they were meant to be working on The Last Guardian.

Again, that is just speculation on my part and could [probably is] completely wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was a different team that worked on SotC and Ico HD. Think it was the same team that did the GoW collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was a different team that worked on SotC and Ico HD. Think it was the same team that did the GoW collection.
    That is correct. Blue Point did the Port, with Team Ico over-seeing/slightly involved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm hoping we'll see some cross platform games from this genius, fingers crossed.

Team ico is pretty much dead , ah well its a win for everyone i suppose ....cept sony

Advertisement