Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any possible broadband upgrade for Pallaskenry?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Been on the same package for the last four to five years (7 download and 312 upload) I want to know is Eircom ever going to upgrade my exchange in Pallaskenry? This village is actually booming with new homes and businesses, so an upgrade, would not be bad commercially for eircom.

I think Eircom should really try to focus on improving broadband speeds in rural areas, instead of trying to tap into an already flooded market of too many broadband providers for city areas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Been on the same package for the last four to five years (7 download and 312 upload) I want to know is Eircom ever going to upgrade my exchange in Pallaskenry? This village is actually booming with new homes and businesses, so an upgrade, would not be bad commercially for eircom.

I think Eircom should really try to focus on improving broadband speeds in rural areas, instead of trying to tap into an already flooded market of too many broadband providers for city areas.

Hi KIERAN1,

I checked the NGB roll-out list and there is no indication as to if or when the Pallaskenry exchange will be NGB enbled.

I appeciate that a lot of customers would like a higher speed, and eircom are always looking to improve the existing telephone network and upgrading exchanges. However there are a lot of factors involved when improving an exchange and areas broadband capability.

I will of course send on your post but at the moment there is no idication of improvents that I can advise I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement