Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Horslips album - with the Ulster Orchestra

Options
  • 30-11-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

An absolutely stunning piece of work, recorded live last St.Patrick's day with the Ulster Orchestra, it mostly reworks the Tain and Book of Invasions albums with the band themselves and mesmerizing orchestral arrangements.
    It's a must in my opinion for Horslips fans old and new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,390 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, didn't know about this... it's on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

You won't regret it,
    I listened to it live on the night via the net, it literally blew me away !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beal Tuille

I was there on the night with the family. Great night and believe me the cd has not had the music 'tarted' up.

Spoke to one of the members of the band recently and would you believe they only practiced with the orchestra the previous day and did two run throughs.

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

It may be of interest, particularly so to anyone who bought the Horslips album with the Ulster Orchestra, that Horslips are to perforn two orchestral dates at the end of August with the RTE Symphony orchestra at the National Concert Hall, Dublin.

Advertisement