Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I buy the Clip Zip??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Actually im looking for same and found it on ebay http://tiny.cc/ftzzp (will deliver to Ireland)
    Thats not all there is a serious bargin on the 32gb card on amazon..i think 8000 songs is much better than 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I got one from amazon, but I think it was a seller so you could check them aswell.
    It is possible to get them.
    I think the seller was advancemp3 they do ahve their own site but still rather go through amazon. Got free postage at the time too.

Edit: Tipperaryboy that's the clip+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I just put in an order from play.com (uk). They don't usually ship electronics to Ireland, but apparently that can be got around by registering a second address with them, all the details the same as your Irish address, but with Rep Ire as the post code and UK as the country. I paid in pounds too, not sure if that was necessary. They do a handy combo deal, 8gb player with a 16gb micro-sd for £37ish.

I'll update when it arrives / I get cancellation notice

Edit (8/12): They've shipped it anyway. Now the waiting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I ordered off Advanced MP3players UK

still waiting for it to arrive. apparently its with Fedex somewhere in Dublin...

It's apparently arrived today, a package from play.com landed and I hadn't ordered anything else.

• Advertisement

TPD wrote: »
    It's apparently arrived today, a package from play.com landed and I hadn't ordered anything else.

It arrived without the bundled microsd card, a bit slack on play.com's part. Luckily enough I had a non essential 16gb card in my phone, christmas ruining averted :P

Fair play to them though, I emailed yesterday saying that the card was missing, they replied today saying they'll send one out as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

TPD wrote: »
    I just put in an order from play.com (uk). They don't usually ship electronics to Ireland, but apparently that can be got around by registering a second address with them, all the details the same as your Irish address, but with Rep Ire as the post code and UK as the country.

BE CAREFUL. I followed your post and did that for a cheapo pair of Sony Headphones, no sign of them..

How are you getting on with the Zip? I have a lazy eye on the prices, I might buy one if I see Rockbox support looming over the horizon..

Amalgam wrote: »
    BE CAREFUL. I followed your post and did that for a cheapo pair of Sony Headphones, no sign of them..

How are you getting on with the Zip? I have a lazy eye on the prices, I might buy one if I see Rockbox support looming over the horizon..

The only thing missing from the rockbox support is a few of the games and a manual and an easy to install utility install. The rest works fine for everyday for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Why would you buy a Clip Zip when you can get a Clip+ for much cheaper?

Baza210 wrote: »
    Why would you buy a Clip Zip when you can get a Clip+ for much cheaper?

Album art ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Personally I would love the micro USB on the Zip as I could use the same cable as my phone. The buttons on my Clip+ are a little stiff too..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ste- wrote: »
    Album art ;)

Pixilated, difficult to make out album art :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Much harder to see it on the clip+ ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

BostonB wrote: »
    Much harder to see it on the clip+ ;)

To see, what? ;) :cool:

just to point out, my new Sansa Clip has stopped working. it just won't turn on

It had issues though
    sound - very low. (even with good headphones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    It had issues though
    sound - very low. (even with good headphones)

that's probably because it had the EU setting to cap the maximum volume

Brian wrote: »
    that's probably because it had the EU setting to cap the maximum volume

really???
    didn't know the EU were so concerned about my ears

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    really???
    didn't know the EU were so concerned about my ears

Only the french are afaik.
    Some nice info at the link below.