Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephens Day

Options
  • 30-11-2011 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is there anywhere to go on Stephens Day that has some live music? Pub or hotel? Its for a group of mature people , I know most people spend this day with family, but there are some people for whom Christmas is enough to spend with family and actually want to go out with friends on Stephens Day!
    A bit of Jazz, Blues, or Trad music would be nice. But it seems nothing happens on Stephens Day, or does it?
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

In my experience (as a Dub), St. Stephen's Day is bigger than Christmas Day down the country, but is a complete waste of space in Dublin. Nothing to do except scrum down with all the mental sales shoppers in town. I'm happy to work it every year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Stephen's Day in Dublin is horrendoes. Nowhere opens - seriously, what is that about !!!

Was here for one, never again, staying in Wicklow this year - biggest night of year in the rest of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Phoenix: Take them down to Sandymount Green for the wrenboys festival around midday. You can get mulled wine and hot food and dance the "siege of ennis" if ya are any good! :D
    The artists usually come up from wexford and are good trad players. It really is great craic!
    I drag my hubby down there every year. I was brought up with the tradition of wrenboys calling to the house and local pubs and I made a fair bit of cash myself when i was a kid playing trad on peoples doorsteps but agree with Irishbird the best place to be is down the country on St Stephen's Day.
    http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/dir/wranboys.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zaharof

Unless you want a few early drinks abandon ship! Or go the Sandymount as above. I too am off to Wicklah

One of the pubs in Sandymount has live music on Stephen's Day if I recall correctly, the one on the corner across from the AIB. Might be best to check with them though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement