Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephens Day

Options
  • 30-11-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is there anywhere to go on Stephens Day that has some live music? Pub or hotel? Its for a group of mature people , I know most people spend this day with family, but there are some people for whom Christmas Day is enough to spend with family and actually want to go out with friends on Stephens Day!
    A bit of Jazz, Blues, or Trad music would be nice. But it seems nothing happens on Stephens Day, or does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Google is your best friend. Just input what's on in dublin, December 26 and you'll be given a whole list of options.

Stephen's day is a massive night for going out (as everyone is sick of being indoors all day with eachother on Christmas Day!!) so no place is going to be quiet which may or may not suit the party of people you describe. As you posted this in D15, I'm assuming you want something in the vicinity. I got a flyer last year for all the Christmas/New Year events in Grasshopper Inn, Clonee and there seemed to be a lot of different gigs/bands. check out their website or phone them for further info. It does good food and is spacious also so seating should be easier to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Halfway House pub on Navan Road usually has live music on St. Stephen's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

The Paddocks Bar & Lounge in Littlepace have a U2 Tribute band on St. Stephens Day - The Joshua Tree. They are open full hours (last orders 12.30am), and there will be a raffle for a 50inch Flat Screen TV and a Netbook at midnight. Drink offers on the night include 3 longneck bottles for €11; double vodka & mixer(coke, redbull, sprite, fanta etc) for €10; 2 jaegerbombs for €10; and pitcher of Fosters for €9.90.

Advertisement