Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coachella 2012

Options
  • 30-11-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Anyone here going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I'm not going but the leaked line-up looks very good.
    Interesting idea having the festival on 2 weekends in a row. There must be some demand for tickets if they can sell it out twice.
    The line-up last year had some decent names on it too.

Hopefully, if the line-up below is real, it looks like Daft Punk might be touring next year. Fingers crossed for an Irish date. An Electric Picnic appearance would be very welcome.

coachella-2012-lineup-poster-leaked.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

381745_10150571005226648_20281766647_11518821_1673762125_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

was just gonna do that myself :)

what do people think of the lineup?

was just gonna do that myself :)

what do people think of the lineup?

Dont really like it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Its like someone looked at my iTunes and said "get all of these bands and artists to play." Would be an incredible 2 festivals, wish I had the money to go to one of them, particularly the first weekend. Daft Punk and Justice are the real standouts for me in that lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its like someone looked at my iTunes and said "get all of these bands and artists to play." Would be an incredible 2 festivals, wish I had the money to go to one of them, particularly the first weekend. Daft Punk and Justice are the real standouts for me in that lineup.

Dont see Daft Punk on it. Also, Black Keys headlining? Didnt think were that big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

so which lineup is the real one??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mushy wrote: »
    Also, Black Keys headlining? Didnt think were that big.

They're pretty big in the States from what I've read. Like Madison Square Garden big.

seachto7 wrote: »
    so which lineup is the real one??:confused:

The 2nd one , the one i posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

It's the same line-up 2 weekends in a row. Not 2 different festivals.
    Daft Punk aren't playing. The first poster above was meant to be a leaked line-up but, although a couple of the names were right, it appears that it was just a fake. That was on a few sites back in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looks a great line-up to be honest. Good to see a festival without Foo Fighters for once, nothing against the Foo's or anything. Kasabian, Arctic Monkey's, Miike Snow, Bon Iver, The Hives, Metronomy, Feist, thats a hell of a mix of acts.

Ooh Refused. Hope this reunion extends to Europe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hoping there'll be alot of carryover to Prima.

Apparently Black Sabbath were one of the headliners but were forced to pull out because of Tony Iommi's health. I guess that answers why The Black Keys are now top of the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

lets just hope tickets are easy to get on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If I'd the money then I'd love to head over. Frank Ocean and DJ Shadow are the standouts for me. Two supremely talented artists.

Dre and Snoop headlining is a strange one. Neither of them have an album out. If it was 10 years ago then it'd be a superb signing but I'm not so sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If I'd the money then I'd love to head over. Frank Ocean and DJ Shadow are the standouts for me. Two supremely talented artists.

Dre and Snoop headlining is a strange one. Neither of them have an album out. If it was 10 years ago then it'd be a superb signing but I'm not so sure now.

can anyone get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Tickets are on sale now, but the website is running very slowly due to high demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I've been a couple of years ago and it was the worst festival experience I've had, and I include Oxegen in that:D Seriously, any euro fest is miles better. Sure the lineup is always phenomenal, but beyond that it's horrid. Too hot(on mostly durin sunlight too compared to say Benicassim), too many rigid rules(drinkin in the festival area is only allowed in a caged off area to the left, you cannot get beer etc and go watch an act), too many posers, no general craic, the most boring lifeless campsite ever, and many many other reasons. Can't stress enough how much you should avoid this if yer used to european festivals.

I'd only recommend it if you were in the vicinity and wanted to go purely for the music and the music alone. Even some of that suffered, some really awful cross over noise between stages.

• Advertisement

bahh.. have 2 different laptops with 2 different browsers.. all on the standby page stil since 6pm.:rolleyes:

395949_10150580155296648_20281766647_11545132_1808445915_n.jpg

was forced to buy the shuttle combo even though i'm doing car camping.. totally worth it though

pistonsvox wrote: »
    was forced to buy the shuttle combo even though i'm doing car camping.. totally worth it though

Us also

Do you think it will be any use?
    Anywhere to go on it during the day? do you know when coachella day starts?
    OR could it be sold on?

Not too worried just happy to be going :D

Us also

Do you think it will be any use?
    Anywhere to go on it during the day? do you know when coachella day starts?
    OR could it be sold on?

Not too worried just happy to be going :D

The festival? Well I dont care if its gonna be scorching, much better than grey skies and torrential rain! The Car Camping opens on the 19th... The first coachella show day is the 20th. If you're doing the 2nd weekend that is.

I'm not too sure... havent a clue about the area.. my first time in the west coast! Were doing the car camping so staying onsite for the weekend! Spose the shuttle pass might come in handy to go get more gargle :pac:

ha :)

I meant if the festival started at say 2pm it might have been handy in the morning, but ultimately we would have better fun onsite and will most likely be too hungover at that time to venture far.

We are going to 1st weekend actually.

Thats true! Too hot to even move i'd imagine! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I've been a couple of years ago and it was the worst festival experience I've had, and I include Oxegen in that:D Seriously, any euro fest is miles better. Sure the lineup is always phenomenal, but beyond that it's horrid. Too hot(on mostly durin sunlight too compared to say Benicassim), too many rigid rules(drinkin in the festival area is only allowed in a caged off area to the left, you cannot get beer etc and go watch an act), too many posers, no general craic, the most boring lifeless campsite ever, and many many other reasons. Can't stress enough how much you should avoid this if yer used to european festivals.

I'd only recommend it if you were in the vicinity and wanted to go purely for the music and the music alone. Even some of that suffered, some really awful cross over noise between stages.

a festival where people only go for the music and no messing in the campsites sounds good to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

yeah and no craic and atmosphere in the main arena either sounds good too eh? Enjoy!

For those wonderin about the area, there's not much in the nearby vicinity. There's a Dennys and a supermarket a short drive away which is always jammers every morn, Indio seems fairly sparse. Palm Springs is about 30 minutes away if I remember correctly, maybe a bit nearer.

And for those on bout goin stockin up on booze, you can't bring any booze bar cans of beer into the campsite. The security are nuts, they check everything. We managed to get lucky and sneak plenty of vodka in a slab of plastic water bottles, the vodka tucked away in the middle. They were checkin bottle tops and smelling them to make sure they were water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Got my ticket plus car camping...anyone up for a boards beers for the second weekend?

Worried about comments - this will be my first US festival of hopefully many this season, possibly working the rest of them...

John, I can already tell US festivals are not quite as evolved, but they also probably have to put up with a lot more in terms of licence/laws etc with booze..what year were you there?

Savage line up though....

Advertisement