Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX Wireless Racing Wheel

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree there.
    If you really like racing games this thing is cráp.
    The level of control ain't great and no vibration feedback.

If you like a new toy for messing about on racing games it's pretty good fun.

I got one when they came out first and tbh I regret it, only used it once.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bought one and sold it a week later. Very bad wheel imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'll have to disagree there.
    If you really like racing games this thing is cráp.
    The level of control ain't great and no vibration feedback.

If you like a new toy for messing about on racing games it's pretty good fun.

I got one when they came out first and tbh I regret it, only used it once.
    Ok maybe its not brilliant, but it is very very good and for 36 euro it is exceptional (You will hardly buy a standard controller for this money)

Plus it does have vibration feedback.
    Anyhow I have tried it with FORZA and F1 2011 and it works perfect for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Apologies about the vibration feedback - looks like it does have it.

Must try mine again as I dont remember it......

Another issue I had was buttons missing, like the bumper ones.
    eg for changing the view in Forza...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

For 36 euro you cant go wrong..

Think Ill pick it up as a pressy for the lads

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

If you buy this from argos in the North you can get the wheel for 15 Sterling if bought with the new Forza 4 Game.

I ordered both for 55 Sterling and will also get a 5 Sterling voucher back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

I wouldn't recommend this as an alternate gift for somebody requesting a steering wheel. Going by reviews, tt's meant to be fine for what it is. Its design means it auto-centres better than most of these 'floating' wheels.

Though it may have vibration, steering feedback is what this lacks over the more traditional setups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

reviews on amazon seem mostly positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Heres the other end of the scale from this. Crazy prices by comparison but supposedly worth it if you're really into your racing sims. A couple of friends have some of this gear.

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php

Advertisement