Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork

• 30-11-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

There's a new Discworld card/board game out, and it looks really interesting. Lord Vetinari has disappeared, and you play one of the people vying for domination of Ankh-Morpork. Some of the cards are excellent, and I'd love to get a set, if only I know more Discworld fans to play it with... :(

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork board game

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That is never how I would have pictured Angua. Does anyone else think Vetinari looks like Richard E Grant?
    Vimes has a bit of Eastwood about him "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

...if only I know more Discworld fans to play it with... :(

Do it long-distance like Thud. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am getting it for my brother for Christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is never how I would have pictured Angua. Does anyone else think Vetinari looks like Richard E Grant?
    Vimes has a bit of Eastwood about him "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
    In fairness, the Watch's motto is FABRICATI DIEM, PVNK.

Yeah, Angua always seemed far more attractive than that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Vimes looks likePete Postlewaite (Mr. Kobaiachi from the usual suspects).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Got this for Christmas from my 2 sisters, after a bit of learning at the start it starts to get interesting as you learn the different effects the cards have and you start to plan accordingly (the effects cards have characters on them like nobby (robbing other players) and carrot (upholding the law) and of course death). If you like boardgames and discworld then this should be right up your alley its absolutely fantastic. I've only played a few games myself but it seems to be that the more you play it the more fun it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Hey guys thinking of getting this game myself, where did you order from?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hey guys thinking of getting this game myself, where did you order from?

Did you try the link in the original post??;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Yeah but that website is offering at double to retail price, hoping to get it for cheaper if possible?

• Advertisement

Yeah but that website is offering at double to retail price, hoping to get it for cheaper if possible?

Not sure where you would buy it retail in Ireland. There are 2 on the site though. One is €120 whereas the other is €45. Would it retail cheaper?

A couple of people are discussing it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056383630
    They might point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

It is an excellent game, I'd highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it at the right price.

Advertisement