Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Hybrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

you havnt played mk9 and got cuaght in a quan chi or cyrax combo then?
    or sub zero is any other mk :pac::pac::pac:
    Kuro Tao wrote: »
    You have obviously never played Blazblue.
    Naphiel wrote: »
    Or UMvC3.

Or Sakura in SFIV

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*cough*

I actually liked the direction Tekken 4 was going in though.
    Pure footsies, small combos (mostly).
    Too bad it didn't take.

Oh, and games were SHORT.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Longer combos in SF games require SPECIAL METERS and special ranging (like perfectly spaced jump kicks, stuns, or other circumstances).
    SPECIAL METERS means long combos are only accessable one or twice per battle. Without special meters you'll get nothing in open play will lasts longer then a second or two.

MK9 HAS a Combo breaker. (I'm surprised I needed to calrify this) and the launchers are medium to high risk.

Tekken6 + TTT2 has launchers available in open play which can lead to a juggle, wall carry, wall stun, bind and bind finisher which requires no special meters, thay have no escape and combos can be accessed any time in open game play using moves with high crushing properties over regular non launching moves, if you think the hop kicks in T6 and TTT2 are balanced then, I'm sorry, but you know nothing about fighting games.
    and the combos from them from start to finish are as long or longer then the longest inescapable combos of other games.

magical fighting games I've been playing? excluding obvious glitch abuse: most tekkens, Virtua fighters, Street fighters, most mortal kombats, Soul blade, Soul calibur ehh...(lets see three gag ones) Tobal no 1, Scared fist, bushido blade?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Oh crap! forgot this was out Must nab a copy of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

magical fighting games I've been playing? excluding obvious glitch abuse: most tekkens, Virtua fighters, Street fighters, most mortal kombats, Soul blade, Soul calibur ehh...(lets see three gag ones) Tobal no 1, Scared fist, bushido blade?

Oh, I see. I've offended you.
    However, only two of the games you've mentioned are even played on a competitive basis anymore, those games being Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat. And even so, you've failed to specify WHICH SF or MK game you've been playing "Lately".

Also, if you're talking about MK and "Launchers", you're doing it wrong.
    Most normals in the game can start combos, and a lot of specials can too but most of them are unsafe and should be used as punishes. Almost every normal in the game is safe on block. Yes you have a breaker option, but you don't need meter at all for high damage combos.

I believe my comment was in response to you saying how "5-10 seconds cut off from input is borderline insanity for a vs fighter"?
    So far you've managed to justify the fact that you play very redundant games competitively, and SF, which I'm not going to address because I know very little about it and would be idiotic for me to try.

BRINGING THE SUBJECT BACK TO TEKKEN: Eat less hopkicks. Learn how to read 50-50 mixups. Combo length doesn't really mean much. Without a wall, most characters are only capable of dishing out near 50% anyway, and most of those really high damage combos won't come from safe hopkicks, but rather more risky launchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I don't think it really matters whether or not games like Tobal no 1 are played competitively anymore, that wasn't really the point he was making was it? It was just that they didn't have long juggles.

The dilemma is that a character like Asuka can only get 9 damage off pushing a hopkick while if it hits it can potentially lose over 100 in the hands of a good Steve/Nina etc. Which in fairness is not really balanced, but hey that's Tekken! You just have to out poke/out think/ out space and most NB 'out think' your opponent and random launches are not so bad to deal with.

But oddles of safe mid launchers means this game is a bit insane.... and a NIGHTMARE online, I think that's where peoples hatred for random launchers (plus juggles) comes from. Just rememeber online Tekken 6 is not Tekken 6... period. :cool:

I don't think it really matters whether or not games like Tobal no 1 are played competitively anymore, that wasn't really the point he was making was it? It was just that they didn't have long juggles.

The dilemma is that a character like Asuka can only get 9 damage off pushing a hopkick while if it hits it can potentially lose over 100 in the hands of a good Steve/Nina etc. Which in fairness is not really balanced, but hey that's Tekken! You just have to out poke/out think/ out space and most NB 'out think' your opponent and random launches are not so bad to deal with.

But oddles of safe mid launchers means this game is a bit insane.... and a NIGHTMARE online, I think that's where peoples hatred for random launchers (plus juggles) comes from. Just rememeber online Tekken 6 is not Tekken 6... period. :cool:

The point I was trying to make is that complaining about something extremely common (at least in modern fighting games) serves no purpose; it's whining because you can.

Other than that, I more or less agree entirely.
    Asuka was just awful in T6, her counter was her only decent tool. Even then, she could be thrown out of it and low hit.

Oh cool thanks! I understand you now and agree too. Especially about asuka being awful, you just have to space and Wiff punish with f+2... I think I'll switch mains in ttt2.

Oh cool thanks! I understand you now and agree too. Especially about asuka being awful, you just have to space and Wiff punish with f+2... I think I'll switch mains in ttt2.

Who have you got in mind? :P

I'd love to play a Mishima team but have NOT got the patience to learn to execute them properly....

Hmm... a team with good punishers, wall carry, poke mixups and wiff punishing I think...
    I wont play Bryan, Lars, Steve, Law or Bob out of principal.

So Ling and Alisa? (LOVE Alisa's f+4,1,4 in Hybrid :D)
    I'll try Jun and Jaycee, not Ogre or Jinpachi though I think they look a bit stupid.
    Lately I'm liking Anna though... how about you?

For a joke team I'll defo play Panda/Ling and Alisa/Jack

• Advertisement

Ling was really strong in 6, and Steve wasn't all he was hyped up to be either...
    I'll continue to play Law because he was my main in 6 (Haters gonna hate).

For specific teams, I'm thinking Law/Leo as my main team, Steve/Hwoarang as a side team and maybe Ling/Feng, because I wanted to learn both of them but only really got around to the basics with Feng.

Also, I'll have to throw Lee in there somewhere, he's too stylish to not use. :D

Ironically for style I love the way Jin looks. It's kinda like picking your race and class in the elder scrolls series! So exciting and fun to pick a tag team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

So should we try get some sort of scene going when this is released?
    Double Mishimas ftw :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

batman_oh wrote: »

No reason why not, at this point we have SF, blaz blue, Marvel and MK scenes, long as there's a couple of passionate people willing to turn up it's all you need.

batman_oh wrote: »

I figure it's going to get some spotlight anyway when it comes out, most games usually do. That would be the ideal time to form a legit player scene.
    I'm certainly up for it!

Gonna use Lili/Asuka and maybe Lili/Lee too

Lads if one person who wants To play the game shows up I'll be there :) I'm so sick of online Tekken

Lads if one person who wants To play the game shows up I'll be there :) I'm so sick of online Tekken

Well, any time I'm at casuals I'm always up for some Tekken 6. It's just, nobody else plays it so it doesn't get very much attention :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Gonna use Lili/Asuka and maybe Lili/Lee too

Lili/Asuka is my team stop copying me :p

@kuro I'm willing to play it, but you have my fcking copy of tekken

chueytoo wrote: »

Two dudes sitting in front of a machine doesn't make a scene! And besides, I'd just triple perfect you again :P

• Advertisement

chueytoo wrote: »

No you stop copying me :pac:

Ladies, please. You're both pretty. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

:pac:

Why... just why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ban request

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

really kiki, don't ruin my team for me.

also time and a place, and now is neither of them
    Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Two dudes sitting in front of a machine doesn't make a scene! And besides, I'd just triple perfect you again

true, but i did win 2 sets and you only won 1 :p so I Got This

WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    ban request
    Hang on, I'm not finished with it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Broken jaw request.

I read this **** at work yo'. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Broken jaw request.

I read this **** at work yo'. :pac:

I thought employers liked a bit of hentai in the workplace, shows inititive and a go getter spirit.

Advertisement