Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major pains in wrists after squatting-time for wraps?

• 30-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

When trying to let go of the bar after squatting my wrist is sore, properly sore untill I prise the fingers of my right hand off the bar-I probably had a small fracture in that wrist years back but its never any trouble even when benching so I dont know if its related or not.
    Anyway, any chance wrist wraps might help?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

When trying to let go of the bar after squatting my wrist is sore, properly sore untill I prise the fingers of my right hand off the bar-I probably had a small fracture in that wrist years back but its never any trouble even when benching so I dont know if its related or not.
    Anyway, any chance wrist wraps might help?

Yes. But hand position is crucial too. I'll post up a video tomorrow about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kbyrnsie13

great shout on the hand position
    with about half your squatting weight on the bar
    stand as if you are about to squat, in front of a mirror and look at your hands
    try and twist your hands so that your knuckle face up towards the ceiling

it is a strange feeling if you are not used to it
    and it can throw off your balance but practice will sort it
    goodluck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Grip the bar as tight as possible during sets. I found my wrist pain was caused by bar rolling back gradually during a set stretching wrist and putting pressure on it. In short your starting grip might be OK but what's your finishing one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Mack_1111

When you'r benching you probably have your wrists in line with your forearm where as with your squats I'd imagine that you'r letting your wrists fall back and therefore your wrists are taking on a lot of the weight of the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

my question got a great reply on a seperate thread from hanley http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056470943

fixed the problem completely and 6 weeks later someone resurects the thread.
    Thanks for the advice but problem solved.
    kbyrnsie please let old threads die

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

my question got a great reply on a seperate thread from hanley http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056470943

fixed the problem completely and 6 weeks later someone resurects the thread.
    Thanks for the advice but problem solved.
    kbyrnsie please let old threads die

6 weeks isnt that old for a thread. kindly stop back seat modding.

Advertisement