Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What next??

Options
  • 30-11-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

My little lad has a bouncing chair and absolutely loves it. He sits in it at different times of the day and I love that i can get things done in the house and know that he is safe in it and not going to fall and hurt himself. The only thing is, he is quite tall and in a few weeks he will be reaching the top of the seat (where the metal part is) and i dont want him banging his head off it.

I am going to get him a high chair for the kitchen, but any idea of what i can get for the sitting room? (something to lounge in)

He loves his play mat but only for about 15 minutes then he is bored with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What age is he? You could get him a bean bag for lounging on and a jumparoo for bouncing?

http://www.mothercare.ie/please-look-after-me-baby-bean-bag.html

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

He is 4 months old. That bean bag looks brilliant but says for babies under six months, have you used this January?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

How about a Bumbo Seat.

pink_bumbo.jpg

This one is from Tony Kealys, but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bumbo's totally went out of my mind... by the time my first daughter was 6/7 months she could flip herself out of the Bumbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

http://www.toys.ie/My-First-Car-Pink-!105079-prd.aspx

what about one of these? they have them in red too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

January wrote: »
    Bumbo's totally went out of my mind... by the time my first daughter was 6/7 months she could flip herself out of the Bumbo.

Same with my guy.. He literally straightened himself out and came right out of it when he was around 7 months.. Thank God I was sitting next to him..

I've heard other horror stories about them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Jumperoos are great, also we have a bouncer called Babybjorn babysitter and our little one is still in it at 11 months (she's also tall for her age). Theyre both relatively expensive though so unless you're planning other children might not be worth investing in. You might get them second hand.

If I was picking one id say the Babybjorn, it gives me great peace while she watches tv or bounces in it so I can get things done and know she's safe.

My little one hated the Bumbo, wouldn't stay in it for more than a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

My daughter hated the bumbo too and would never sit in it. Thankfully we'd just borrowed it. She was usually happy just lying on a sheepskin and a blanket on the floor. I'd put some toys around her to play with. I think it's good for them to lie down at that stage as it encourages them to try rolling.

I've found the doorframe bouncer great since she was about 6 months. I hang it off the kitchen door and she's happy while I get dinner ready. Tried her in it when she as younger but she wasn't interested in it.

Advertisement