Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Trouble in Meath

• 01-12-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, I got UPC 100mb installed into my house at the weekend. I live in Navan and so far it has been terrible. The last 2 nights it hasn't been working and when it has it will only last for 5 minutes before going off again. Is this what I can expect with UPC and have I made a mistake switching from eircom. What should I do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Hi, I got UPC 100mb installed into my house at the weekend. I live in Navan and so far it has been terrible. The last 2 nights it hasn't been working and when it has it will only last for 5 minutes before going off again. Is this what I can expect with UPC and have I made a mistake switching from eircom. What should I do about this?
    The best thing to do is ring upc tell them the problem are you connect wired or wireless.The free number 1908 for upc .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

rob808 wrote: »
    The best thing to do is ring upc tell them the problem are you connect wired or wireless.The free number 1908 for upc .

I am connected wired and through wireless and neither works. Will UPC be able to sort it out or will I be stuck with no broadband for the next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

I am connected wired and through wireless and neither works. Will UPC be able to sort it out or will I be stuck with no broadband for the next year.
    I would hope so did you ring them and see can they fix the problem .I think you can break contract if your not getting speed or services promised by upc given they try fix it and couldn't and im not 100% on this good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Maestro84

Please call 1908 and get to the TSD desk (technical support) or you could pass me your account number by PM and I will have somebody to call you. Sounds like a simple fix, change settings on the modem, check the performance of your machine etc

(and if not, we will send out a technician free of charge to get to the bottom of your issue)

Thanks

Jason

Just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Maestro84

Please call 1908 and get to the TSD desk (technical support) or you could pass me your account number by PM and I will have somebody to call you. Sounds like a simple fix, change settings on the modem, check the performance of your machine etc

(and if not, we will send out a technician free of charge to get to the bottom of your issue)

Thanks

Jason

Just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

Ok I'm not sure of my account number as I'm in work. What time do use stay open until?

• Advertisement

Oh ye and also about the offer you have in your signature. I was told by 1 of your reps on the chat on your website that if I filled out the form and then ordered online that day I would be entitled to the offer. She assured me that I would receive the offer. I have all these messages saved.
    Then during the week someone from UPC left a message on my phone telling me that I was not entitled to it as I ordered online. I would not have ordered online if I knew I was not getting the offer but I was by a UPC rep that this was the way to get the offer.
    Is there anything you can do for me?

Maestro84

Sorry just seeing this now.

BTW, in reation to the boards offer. The terms are very clear, in order to qualify, you must order via the boards link, ordering by any other means does not qualify. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831222
    Sorry you may have been mislead by a web person, they do not manage the boards offer.

Regards

Jason
    Ok I'm not sure of my account number as I'm in work. What time do use stay open until?

"Sorry you have been mislead by a UPC rep"??? Are you serious? Do use not work for the same company? This is an absolute joke.
    I would have waited the extra day for use to contact me by phone. Surely this is a breach of contract and I am entitled to cancel my contract, then I can go on your link in a week or 2 and get the offer that way?
    I have all the messages saved where your fellow UPC colleague told me false and misleading information to get me to sign a contract.

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Maestro84

Sorry just seeing this now.

BTW, in reation to the boards offer. The terms are very clear, in order to qualify, you must order via the boards link, ordering by any other means does not qualify. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831222
    Sorry you may have been mislead by a web person, they do not manage the boards offer.

Regards

Jason

Maestro84

Please PM me your account details and I will investigate this for you.

We take situatiuons like this very seriously if you were misinformed, however I cannot help you without your details.

I would be happy to help.

Regards

Jason
    "Sorry you have been mislead by a UPC rep"??? Are you serious? Do use not work for the same company? This is an absolute joke.
    I would have waited the extra day for use to contact me by phone. Surely this is a breach of contract and I am entitled to cancel my contract, then I can go on your link in a week or 2 and get the offer that way?
    I have all the messages saved where your fellow UPC colleague told me false and misleading information to get me to sign a contract.

Advertisement