Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machida KO'S Jones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Too funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH thats the funniest one ive seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Kudos BushidoAristotle7, you've played a blinder with that one..

On a serious note, does anyone think Machida can get the job done? I reckon the only way jones gets beaten any time soon is with some crazy kick and we know lyoto is well capable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

as much as i would like to see jon jones loose i think machida will get destroyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Love it, can't wait for this fight, defo a stay up and watch live.

Hope Machida beats him, however not sure I can envisage his key to victory, has to be a KO I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Jones has shown himself to be patient, despite his years.

I don't see him giving Machida the opportunity to drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Everyone is looking past Machida, wasn't long ago people thought he would never be beat.

Wonder if mma math will prove right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I can't see Machida beating Jones at all but you never know. If I'm right, nobody has made more than 1 successful title defense of the LHW belt since Chuck Liddell so maybe the curse will get Jones too! I think the smart money would be on Jones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Paddy power

Jon Jones
    2/9
    Lyoto Machida
    11/4

And Jones Machida defended the title once each, apart from page no-one else

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Thats some good money for Machida. But couldn't bet on this one, could go anyway. Jones looks like the real deal but if Machida can get that pre-Shogun beatdown form again he could do it with some karate kid-esq finish.
    Wonder if Jones will come out like he did against Rampage with the all-4's techinque? Was hoping he'd explode into some crazy flying inverted triangle choke, or something......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement