Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand tax query?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    i was reading that theres away to get a cheaper rate of tax back in australia by saying you are a resident on the tax form i could be wrong corrections please

anyway is there a way to do this in new zealand i will be there for a year maybe working 6 months maybe 3 weaks here or there of it if i am lucky getting work etc

any help guys as i plan on going to australia straight after my whv in new zealand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In Australia you don't get reduced tax, and you don't just "say you're a resident" you legally are a "resident for tax purposes" when on a WHV. All this means is that you will get taxed at a normal rate.
    When in NZ, I imagine you'll get taxed at a normal rate too. Somebody living there can confirm.

Advertisement