Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolrunner Bulk Order

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking at sourcing some coolrunners and getting some bulk pricing rates if anybody here on the forum is interested. Just post away in the thread and we'll sort something out - the UK suppliers are fairly slow at getting the finger out with regards to bulk rates but hopefully we'll get it sorted soon :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So I'm looking at sourcing some coolrunners and getting some bulk pricing rates if anybody here on the forum is interested. Just post away in the thread and we'll sort something out - the UK suppliers are fairly slow at getting the finger out with regards to bulk rates but hopefully we'll get it sorted soon :)

I would be interested in getting a few alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I'll tak 2 + 1 I owe you. pm me total when you ready

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Do you guys want anything else like QSBs/CK3 Update cable/Nand-X JTAG cable etc? Just let me know, I'll throw in an order next week, they're "out of stock" of coolrunners on Modtraders :)

Do you guys want anything else like QSBs/CK3 Update cable/Nand-X JTAG cable etc? Just let me know, I'll throw in an order next week, they're "out of stock" of coolrunners on Modtraders :)

nah, I find soldering those wires ok. And for nand-x you could get something like this and leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I might be interested in 1 or 2
    what kind of price are we looking at here ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I will go in on this as soon as I run out of chips. Strangely not many people are interested in getting the RGH done, what is a reasonable price to charge a customer for installation of the Coolrunner?

justryan wrote: »
    I will go in on this as soon as I run out of chips. Strangely not many people are interested in getting the RGH done, what is a reasonable price to charge a customer for installation of the Coolrunner?

I do it for €60 + board cost

docentore wrote: »

I do it for €60 + board cost

That's a reasonable price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is 60 euro not a bit low, it's a skilled enough hack to do.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is 60 euro not a bit low, it's a skilled enough hack to do.

knowing that most modders in eire are on this forum maybe we could agree on one price?

EDIT: From the other hand how many peps would decide to go ahead if overall cost would come to €100 including board?

• Advertisement

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people will pay for people who know what they're doing; modding is pretty price-inelastic :)

I'm charging €90 at the minute for the RGH - the slims aren't cheap to replace if you mess it up :o The board & QSBs [when they arrive] come to around €25 so that was my reasoning. I can do €85 though if we all agree to it which is roughly €60+board cost, it saves trying to undercut each other :)

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people will pay for people who know what they're doing; modding is pretty price-inelastic :)

I'm charging €90 at the minute for the RGH - the slims aren't cheap to replace if you mess it up :o The board & QSBs [when they arrive] come to around €25 so that was my reasoning. I can do €85 though if we all agree to it which is roughly €60+board cost, it saves trying to undercut each other :)

I would agree to €85 it's a fair price

including the board?

including the board?

With the Coolrunner board included no QSBs just wire install :)

I would charge a little extra for the QSBS option I think most people would be happy that it works and wouldn't care about timings

I would charge a little extra for the QSBS option I think most people would be happy that it works and wouldn't care about timings

Fair enough. But I don't see how qsb can much improve timings. My jasper boots EVERY time in less than 3s, no qsb, just bare wires.

Fair enough. But I don't see how qsb can much improve timings. My jasper boots EVERY time in less than 3s, no qsb, just bare wires.

Do you have a cap on CPU RST?

Do you have a cap on CPU RST?

nope, worked straight away. Mind that it is Jasper-Kronos revision. I don't know if that make any difference

nope, worked straight away. Mind that it is Jasper-Kronos revision. I don't know if that make any difference

Im the exact same jasper kronos
    no cap
    and it boots instantly everytime

Im the exact same jasper kronos
    no cap
    and it boots instantly everytime

I've not done any jaspers yet just two trinity motherboards timings range from under 10s to 1 minute

Two jasper BB in my house, both of them with Big-Block nands, both of them flashed with the same timings I flashed your ones with, both of them with incredibly bad boot times.

Throwing a 470pf cap helped, but I'm holding out for the 68nfs early next week ;)

• Advertisement

Two jasper BB in my house, both of them with Big-Block nands, both of them flashed with the same timings I flashed your ones with, both of them with incredibly bad boot times.

Throwing a 470pf cap helped, but I'm holding out for the 68nfs early next week ;)

well I did use the alternate ana point
    that might have something to do with it.

well I did use the alternate ana point
    that might have something to do with it.

I swapped both to the alternate HANA point after you mentioned it earlier this week, no improvement at all.

I swapped both to the alternate HANA point after you mentioned it earlier this week, no improvement at all.

strange how some work perfectly and then other dont work as well :confused:

I ordered a few in bulk, have about 10-15 (max) going spare. Cost came in at €16.25 per board including delivery over here to me.

First come, first served. In the interest of fairness, 5 per person unless the demand is low :) You pay postage, registered post is:

€5.25 for one
    €5.75 for 2-3
    €6.75 for 4-5

If you're interested, drop me a line. Should be here Monday next week :)

I ordered a few in bulk, have about 10-15 (max) going spare. Cost came in at €16.25 per board including delivery over here to me.

First come, first served. In the interest of fairness, 5 per person unless the demand is low :) You pay postage, registered post is:

€5.25 for one
    €5.75 for 2-3
    €6.75 for 4-5

If you're interested, drop me a line. Should be here Monday next week :)

Any chance you could flash a few before you send them ..........:pac:
    can definatly put me down for two either way

Any chance you could flash a few before you send them ..........:pac:
    can definatly put me down for two either way

Yup, I can flash a few for you all right. Just let me know what models you need 'em flashed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Many you have got I'm interested in 3-5.Can collect myself from your home.

I've got docentore and jimbobjoeyman earmarked for 5. That's 5 left. They'll be arriving tomorrow.

I've got docentore and jimbobjoeyman earmarked for 5. That's 5 left. They'll be arriving tomorrow.

Good man. I can meet you Friday/Saturday with cash.

Thanks TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Plans are bit changed so i have to give this purchase at the moment,please pass this 5 to next in line.Sorry once again for messing your plans.

Advertisement