Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

set dancing in swinford

Options
  • 01-12-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

anybody know of set dancing classes in the swinford area? i have a group of american friends coming to visit me soon and are heading to mayo afterwards for a couple of weeks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

They have set dancing in Julians of Midfield on a Monday night for all the hardcore aficionados, not sure about classes though, maybe give them a call? Was there a few weeks ago for a family gathering and its like stepping into a time warp. Definitely worth going just for a look to show the americans a slice of old ireland, it wont be there forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

Thanks for that info Samhain I'll check it out.
    I've heard there are classes on in a Hotel in Swinford on wed nights. A woman called Mildred (now there's a name for ya!) runs them. Supposed to be great fun too, the classes I mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

My american friends had a ball at the ceile/set dancing in Swinford. I went along with them one wednesday night for a look and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of fun I had!! There was a nice crowd not too crushed and a very relaxed atmosphere. Mildred is a lovely person and a very accomplished teacher. I came away with a few set dancing steps and I promised her I would go back again :)

Advertisement