Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Thompson Broadband Router (UPC) Model: TWG870

• 01-12-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I just got UPC Broadband installed with the Thompson Broadband Router (UPC) Model: TWG870

However, I have come across a very strange problem with a workaround but was wondering if anyone came across the same issue.

Basically, in the wireless network settings, if I set the 8.0.11n mode to Auto (default setting)- I cannot get any of my wireless devices to connect. It detects the network fine but when I enter the password, it's won't connect...as if I entered an incorrect password. However, when I set the mode to Off - everything works fine. Obviously I won't get the benefit of faster wireless network speeds when the mode is off.

Anyone else come across this issue and did you find a fix? Maybe a firmware upgrade could resolve but not sure how to do this either.

Advertisement