Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best alternative to the tank?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I've been using the eGo T system for ages but the big draw back for me is the flooding. It doesn't happen with every atty I use but it does happen enough for me to consider changing to a didfferent system that offers the convenience of the tank but with none of the flooding. Is there anything out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

I started with the tanks and then tried nearly everything mentioned on this forum but I've kinda settled on the ce3 smokemizers for all day use, (a bit fiddly to fill until you get used to them and always put a cart condom on battery end when filling or else the juice flows through until you put the little plug back in) but good flavour and you can carry spare refills

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

flids.utd wrote: »
    I started with the tanks and then tried nearly everything mentioned on this forum but I've kinda settled on the ce3 smokemizers for all day use, (a bit fiddly to fill until you get used to them and always put a cart condom on battery end when filling or else the juice flows through until you put the little plug back in) but good flavour and you can carry spare refills

Thanks :) I ordered some from the lads over at The Best Shop. What's the lifespan of one of these yokes?

Ive been using them 3-4 weeks now and none have died (from best shop also). tried disasembling 2 so far to clean, that was easy...but couldnt get wick back in, even tried a needle threader but broke it! So now I just wash them in as water as hot as i can bear , soak them in milton overnight in hotpress, dry out and use again.
    they weren't even performing bad it was just that some of the juice that comes back upinto top was getting badly discoloured and also where the wick goes into the coil part so decided better clean them
    (*dry out in hotpress)

Great. Thanks for the info. I've found the tank very hit and miss so hopefully these will be better. Can you elaborate on the condom/battery end thing when filling these?

When you take out the little plug to fill them with the syringe, there is no airlock so the juice can just flow straight through, when you put the plug back in air cant get in so juice wont flow out, so if you put the cart condom that comes on the drip tip with them the juice cant flow through, the amount of times i forgot or even started to fill them on the battery and ....Oh NOOOO

• Advertisement

Ah I see. Thanks. You've been a great help. Leaking is a major pain the arse (though I'm vaping away on a tank now with no leaks...as opposed to the one I was using a couple of days ago that was spitting stuff into me mouth). Anyway I should have these tomorrow. Good times :D

They never leak once filled,the only minor niggle is that the juice that comes up under the mouthpiece can build up and get into your mouth but when outside I just take off tip and flick it out or in house dab it with tissue (no more outside for me!). I was using the supllied driptip until last week because I never liked the soft rubber caps but Im using them now. I'm only vaping since september (was 40+ a day) its a mine field everything has its pros and cons. Just got my first bulk delivery of juice from china I'm in it for the long haul!!

Fair play to ya. I was a 30 a day smoker and the day I got me first e-cig in the post was the day I stopped (30th July 2010) though I did smoke 3 fags trying to figure out how to work em hahaha. They've come a long way in a relatively short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

O'Prez wrote: »
    Fair play to ya. I was a 30 a day smoker and the day I got me first e-cig in the post was the day I stopped (30th July 2010) though I did smoke 3 fags trying to figure out how to work em hahaha. They've come a long way in a relatively short space of time.

I like that! That was me too, last fag was when I putting my first 510, atty, cartridge and juice together. Nearly six weeks now. Have tried the Ego Tank, both Type a nd B, but not impressed with flavour at all. Haven't given up on the tanks completely, but lots of differing views and experiences with them.

achieve wrote: »
    I like that! That was me too, last fag was when I putting my first 510, atty, cartridge and juice together. Nearly six weeks now. Have tried the Ego Tank, both Type a nd B, but not impressed with flavour at all. Haven't given up on the tanks completely, but lots of differing views and experiences with them.

Good man yerself. Yeah when they're good they're very good but when they're bad....!!!! Still though, only for em I would never have given up fags. My first e-cig though was the Joye 510 mini. Way too high maintenance and dismal performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thanks, some of those ordered there as a change from my usual dual coil cartomisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

nesf wrote: »

Thanks, some of those ordered there as a change from my usual dual coil cartomisers.

They are fantastic alright but they may blow your batteries!! They blew 2 of mine. Finicky to fill too but they are great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i wasnt crazy about them
    decent enough vapour, but juice kept pooling up at the top of it under the drip tip which affected the vape

having to take out the tip every time you took a drag and wipe down the seat was pretty annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i wasnt crazy about them
    decent enough vapour, but juice kept pooling up at the top of it under the drip tip which affected the vape

having to take out the tip every time you took a drag and wipe down the seat was pretty annoying

Eh, they were cheap so no harm if I don't like them.

They are fantastic alright but they may blow your batteries!! They blew 2 of mine. Finicky to fill too but they are great.

Got mine today. I prefer the draw from the tank but these are good too. About the battery thing...I have to keep the Smokymizer I'm using on an ego battery loose or the battery won't work...it just blinks. Also, I'll buy a cone for it to make it look better. Seemingly you can use a needle nose pliers to flare out the end of the cone so it fits.

By the way, can you fill up a few of these and carry em around with you or will they leak all over the place?

I always carry spares, I put a cart condoms from the 510 dual coils on them just in case.
    i just checked a cone I have from the same place, and it fits over them with no modding

I always carry spares, I put a cart condoms from the 510 dual coils on them just in case.
    i just checked a cone I have from the same place, and it fits over them with no modding

Deadly. I bought a cone from the vapour store earlier today. I had one here somewhere from my direct dripping days but couldn't find it. Anyway, thanks for all the info. I've noticed flavour is a lot better with these as opposed to the tank in that it doesn't lose flavour after hours of vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Just got a pack of 5 CE3 Smokymizer and have to say so far I really like them.

Filling is a little more awkward that standard cartomizers and I'm not keen on having to carry a syringe around with me!

Got about 1.5ml of liquid into one and will see how it lasts for my first full day of vaping with them.

p.s. putting a condom on the end is very important when filling or refilling :)

Tom123 wrote: »
    Just got a pack of 5 CE3 Smokymizer and have to say so far I really like them.

Filling is a little more awkward that standard cartomizers and I'm not keen on having to carry a syringe around with me!

Got about 1.5ml of liquid into one and will see how it lasts for my first full day of vaping with them.

p.s. putting a condom on the end is very important when filling or refilling :)

Yeah, I think they are too much of a pain to fill and carrying around a syringe just seems a bit.......wrong or something. The little bung is a real pain in the butt too. Be careful with the battery connection too - they are known for blowing them. All of that aside, if they could improve on the overall design they are very good.

• Advertisement

Getting some burnt taste/wicking issues today. Any tips for sorting that out?

Just got a 510 t LR today. I don't notice much difference to the standard 510 t though and there's nothing printed on the atty except 510 t. Should it say 510 t LR?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd reccomend the smoktech dual coil carto tanks

they're a tiny bit... fiddly, but the vape and flavour is great
    and because you can fit 5ml in.. if you're one of those people who hates constant refilling they're extra cool

the tank itself costs about a tenner, and the dual coil cartos for inside are 3 euro each.

you can't use regular dcc's in them unfortunately as there is a hole punched in the bottom to allow the juice to be drawn in and there is a little lip on the bottom of the carto so it stays flush with the tank to prevent leaking

ive seen lots of people saying theyve had no trouble with leaking. i've had 2 tanks so far.. the first one leaked like a bitch, the second.. so far after over a week it's been great.. not a hint of juice escaping (unless I pour too much down the carto to top up).. but im still not comfortable putting it in my pocket to walk around with.. no matter how many reviews I see.

they're... bulky enough though, especially compared to your more streamlined tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Just got a 510 t LR today. I don't notice much difference to the standard 510 t though and there's nothing printed on the atty except 510 t. Should it say 510 t LR?

Every Joyetech LR aty has small "LR" mark on the thread.
    LR_Atomizer_black.jpg

Opit wrote: »

Every Joyetech LR aty has small "LR" mark on the thread.

Thanks for that. It's there alright. Maybe the vanilla flavour is just a bit heavy then.

O'Prez I've never had a wicking prob with these yet and I even started using vg liquid this week in them

Tom & Green hornet I carry spare tanks instaed of syringes!
    (Tom, can get very messy without, better safe than sorry!!!! always bag it)

Sir Digby I'm the same as you with the tanks, I have 1 in my car on a pass through battery in case of emergencies and 1 always filled in the house but I wouldnt be seen casualy puffing on it in public. I find the throat hit a bit better but harsher than ce3 but flavour from ce3 is better

The Ego dual coil cartomizer are good also exept when topping up quickly when out and about or working I end up with juice all over the place

I gave up on the 510 T LR. The only thing it had going for it was the tank part. Couldn't see any real difference over the standard 510 T.

Bought some more DCC XL and they are immeasurably better. Less draw with nice warm vapour. Bought some Liqua strawberry and it works well with them.

An animal on juice though but easy to top up.

Well actually it looks like I may have been a bit hasty writing off the 510 T LR. Thought I'd try some Liqua strawberry in it for a journey as the tank was handy. Washed it through with water followed by ethanol and it's great! Must have been the heavy vanilla flavour that was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Best alternative to the tank is either a Smokymizer or Dual Coil Cartomizer IMO.

I really did not like my Ego 's (A & B types)., but at least got 2 ego batteries!

• Advertisement
Advertisement