Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Church seats

• 01-12-2011 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Been to a few different churches recently for funerals weddings and such, they all have the same horribly uncomfortable seats, it always digs into my spine!! What's the deal ? Do they do this to prevent good worshippers dozing off during mass ?
    When you are requested to kneel down though, it's fine, they have a cushion think there to support ones knees..
    I thought that was nice...

Sitting comfortably.. NO!
    On your knees.. Oh yes !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Sitting comfortably.. NO!
    On your knees.. Oh yes !

Catholic church and all that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Pew pew..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

they have to keep you awake and passively aggressively punish you somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Knell down, open wide and prepare to recieve the body of christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Catholic church and all that :pac:
    True. They do like ya on your knees.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

the catholic church likes boy's to sit erect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

My mom's a prod and her church (formerly mine I suppose) has cushions on the seats and you kneel down on little cushions instead. Gotta have a good product when you're trying to lure customers from an established brand I suppose :pac:

Bring your own inflatable chair. That Homer one's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Any time I have to go to church, I never know when to stand up, sit down or kneel. I wish they'd just pick one & stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

They uncomfortable felling symbolises the suffering and sacrifice Santa Clause goes through every year at Christmas sitting in that sleigh for 24 hours to deliver us our presents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

mackg wrote: »
    My mom's a prod and her church (formerly mine I suppose) has cushions on the seats and you kneel down on little cushions instead. Gotta have a good product when you're trying to lure customers from an established brand I suppose :pac:
    Burn the witch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Any time I have to go to church, I never know when to stand up, sit down or kneel. I wish they'd just pick one & stick with it.

Or don't go

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Burn the witch.

We tried she used her powers to escape!

Or don't go

It's a bit rude not to show up for a wedding.

Even more so for a funeral, which is odd considering the main event is deceased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Also raised a prod, went to a catholic church once and by God it was scary - Poor people everywhere, hard seats, crappy organ player and no f*cking cake afterwards...A truely frightening experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Try the presbyterian church, much comfier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Also raised a prod, went to a catholic church once and by God it was scary - Poor people everywhere, hard seats, crappy organ player and no f*cking cake afterwards...A truely frightening experience.
    *Monacle drops*:eek:

LiamN wrote: »
    *Monacle drops*:eek:

800 years of us prods trying to give you cake,you lot turned us down,we only wanted to be friends :(

Oranage2 wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're messing but now that I think of it there was free tea and biscuits afterwards! What have I got for being an atheist, fuck all!

*runs off to wash good clothes for Sunday*

I'm not sure if you're messing but now that I think of it there was free tea and biscuits afterwards! What have a got for being an atheist, fuck all!

I'm a cakeheist. I don't believe in cake.

• Advertisement

they do that shit* for weddings too :confused:

the changing positions thing*

Infidel.

I'm a cakeheist. I don't believe in rob cakes.

Johro wrote: »
    Infidel.

well i guess thats the final bit of icing on the cake.

Let them eat spuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Saila wrote: »
    they do that shit* for weddings too :confused:

the changing positions thing*

Sure it wouldn't be a wedding without a good mass, loike.

I'm Agcakestic, I believe in cake I'm just not comfortable with any of the cakes currently out there.

I'm Agcakestic, I believe in cake I'm just not comfortable with any of the cakes currently out there.

Ah here,you can't have your cake and eat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Church seats are uncomfortable unless you have a fat padded ass. Forget about the kneeling thing can't be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

But I bet you can still recite that profession of faith thing with everyone else without reading from the sheet.

Scared the bejasus out of me when I noticed I was doing that as a teenager meself.

Fecking brainwashing by association! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Or don't go

Even more so for a funeral, which is odd considering the main event is deceased.

I wish I hadent shown up for mine !

I wish I hadent shown up for mine !

Whatever about your wedding, it'd be bad form not to show up for your funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Who sits at Mass.

Just stand down at the towards back from a 45 degree angle and survey the talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Church pews will always make at least one of sitting, kneeling or standing uncomfortable. Two if the maker was extra religious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

But I bet you can still recite that profession of faith thing with everyone else without reading from the sheet.

Scared the bejasus out of me when I noticed I was doing that as a teenager meself.

Fecking brainwashing by association! :eek:

Come back to me when you can hum it in Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

the seats are not designed to be comfortable OP, i know only too well as everytime i go back home, i have to attend mass on sat eve or sunday. what gets me is at this time of year, the place becomes an icebox where you literally sit there and freeze for half an hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

protestant churches are worse, real old wooden pews uncomfortable as hell and creeky when you sit on them

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

pmcmahon wrote: »
    800 years of us prods trying to give you cake,you lot turned us down,we only wanted to be friends :(

Tea and cake or death!!!

Advertisement