Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banged up abroad?

• 01-12-2011 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

just been watching a few episodes, would you risk smuggling H,Coke etc. for 100 k quid?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

been there done that.

now i have a swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

yes because after watching that I know no one ever gets caught...easy money! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Watched a few episodes in this series and last one and the one about the Irish girl who was banged up abroad was on last week although it seems she had the stuff implanted in her bag .

Answer to question is NO ...never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

No, risking spending your whole life in some pit of a jail in Thailand is not worth it. I assume people that do it are heavily in debt already and have no real choice in the matter. Either that or they have no sense what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

jimpump wrote: »
    just been watching a few episodes, would you risk smuggling H,Coke etc. for 100 k quid?

Where do you need it delivered to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Hasmunch wrote: »
    Where do you need it delivered to?

my gaff

Ummm, maybe, if I'd have a clown's sleeve for a rectum & no morals.

so that why they do that in prison, breaking in the mules :eek:

pmcmahon wrote: »
    been there done that.

now i have a swimming pool.

a bath aint a swimming pool

my gaff

getting it delivered to your house, you're clearly an experienced operator :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I used to go to Amsterdam regularly & always brought home bags of drugs.

The only time I didn't carry some back, I got stopped by a dude with a sniffer dog & had my bags & myself searched.

Stupid dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Banged up.

And then Gang-Banged up.

Nope.

Latchy wrote: »
    Watched a few episodes in this series and last one and the one about the Irish girl who was banged up abroad was on last week although it seems she had the stuff implanted in her bag .

Answer to question is NO ...never

in her gee?......ballbag? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

F*ck no.

That programme cracks me up. They are always complete morons on it. And it's always in the dodgiest countries where the sentences are life/ death penalty

I remember one woman who was living it up in Goa, got a bit fond of the charlie and didn't want to go home. She sent the package (i think it was hash) from the exact same post office not once, not twice but three times! And this was in a massive city like Mumbai or New Delhi. Eh love, maybe you should use another post office ffs! Then, when the third package didn't reach its destination in Europe, she called the post office to find out what happened and physically called back in where of course, the drug squad were waiting for her. What a muppet.

Funnier still are the ones who do try it from South America. The prisons are always completely mental.

The only time I didn't carry some back, I got stopped by a dude with a sniffer dog & had my bags & myself searched.

Stupid dog.

sure you didn't have any :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RAT! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Stupid dog.

You clearly stood out and smelt different to the rest of the passengers, probably the only one on board not carrying anything

mojesius wrote: »
    F*ck no.

That programme cracks me up. They are always complete morons on it. And it's always in the dodgiest countries where the sentences are life/ death penalty

I remember one woman who was living it up in Goa, got a bit fond of the charlie and didn't want to go home. She sent the a package (i think it was hash) from the exact same post office not once, not twice but three times! And this was in a massive city like Mumbai or New Delhi. Eh love, maybe you should use another post office ffs! Then, when the third package didn't reach its destination in Europe, she called the post office to find out what happened and physically called back in where of course, the drug squad were waiting for her. What a muppet.

Funnier still are the ones who do try it from South America. The prisons are always completely mental.

BS, in the last episode on nat geo, some fat bird from new york tried smuggling a kilo of H from colombia and she was out of jail after 22 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Think I'll just stick to cooking up some crystal meth with my old chemistry teacher and selling it here.

mackg wrote: »
    getting it delivered to your house, you're clearly an experienced operator :pac:

shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Hasmunch wrote: »
    You clearly stood out and smelt different to the rest of the passengers, probably the only one on board not carrying anything

It was either that or the fact that I was off me tits.

manlad wrote: »
    Think I'll just stick to cooking up some crystal meth with my old chemistry teacher and selling it here.

Breaking Bad FTW!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

BS, in the last episode on nat geo, some fat bird from new york tried smuggling a kilo of H from colombia and she was out of jail after 22 months

Oh yeah, they always get out early. One of the perks of being a first world gobshite citizen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

I know for a fact that several European airports employ sniffer dogs every single time at the 'backstage' of the baggage delivery. Every flight.

Sure it only takes the dog one walk around the luggage belt to find suspicious ones.

So would I do it?

Not using my bag I wouldn't but maybe some training with the goatce guy would allow an alternative vessel to be used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

noxqs wrote: »
    I know for a fact that several European airports employ sniffer dogs every single time at the 'backstage' of the baggage delivery. Every flight.

Sure it only takes the dog one walk around the luggage belt to find suspicious ones.

So would I do it?

Not using my bag I wouldn't but maybe some training with the goatce guy would allow an alternative vessel to be used.

packages can be smell proof.

I really want to re-read Mr.Nice

So would I do it?

i been at sciphol airport in amsterdam on numerous times and never once saw a sniffer dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Well I've read packages can be smell proof but I also watched .. was it mythbusters? Trying to hide drugs in coffee, vacuum etc.. Basically didn't work.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-meet-the-sniffers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

K?
    You wouldn't get 100 grand for smuggling something over.
    I've watched the show many times myself. The runner usually gets a few grand alright. But nothing spectacular like 100k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ummm, maybe, if I'd have a clown's sleeve for a rectum & no morals.

Both counts no.

Pass.

If you smuggled and got caught, you'd be able to park a bus in your rectum by the time you got out of prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Love that show!

justryan wrote: »
    Love that show!

truth, great show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That is so inconsiderate, how dare you.

Don't you know that H from Steps is dead. :mad:

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full200909101228062380979_hfromstepsisdead631x400.jpgx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Well I've read packages can be smell proof but I also watched .. was it mythbusters? Trying to hide drugs in coffee, vacuum etc.. Basically didn't work.

As much as I hate to say it, Mythbusters does lie on somethings. Such as this, and when they had Adam drive "drunk" when he had only reached the legal limit and his driving was all over the place. They will try to justify laws and stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Used to watch it but it was always the same...some idiot seduced by money gets locked up. Moral lesson-dont smuggle drugs.
    No ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I usually just get the lesbian friend I have to lob it into me gee
    Then I lob one into her gee and we waddle onto the plane then

True Story

That is so inconsiderate, how dare you.

Don't you know that H from Steps is dead. :mad:

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full200909101228062380979_hfromstepsisdead631x400.jpgx

Normally I wouldn't point out the stealing of one of the best posts ever on boards.ie but I'm sorry, this time I have to.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

mojesius wrote: »
    F*ck no.

I remember one woman who was living it up in Goa, got a bit fond of the charlie and didn't want to go home. She sent the package (i think it was hash) from the exact same post office not once, not twice but three times! And this was in a massive city like Mumbai or New Delhi. Eh love, maybe you should use another post office ffs! Then, when the third package didn't reach its destination in Europe, she called the post office to find out what happened and physically called back in where of course, the drug squad were waiting for her. What a muppet.

I remember that one.. one of my favourite episodes..

I also love Nothing to Declare.. Anyone see the one where the South African oul lad tries to bring in a load of 'statues' in his luggage.. for a guy who's name he couldn't remember, who he had let pack his bag for him.. LOL.. too funny..

Statues were packed to the gills with coke.. and the paint was still wet on them and everything... The guy was sweating buckets from the get go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Someone I once knew (not personally, but he lived in the same small town as me) was caught off the coast of Martinique on his yacht with another woman with a ton of cocaine with a value of 42 million Euro - that was 5 months ago and AFAIK they are still in prison in Martinique waiting for their process to begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Apanachi wrote: »
    Someone I once knew (not personally, but he lived in the same small town as me) was caught off the coast of Martinique on his yacht with another woman with a ton of cocaine with a value of 42 million Euro - that was 5 months ago and AFAIK they are still in prison in Martinique waiting for their process to begin.

That's one hell of a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Apanachi wrote: »

:eek:

Wow. I can see the temptation. Delivering by a yacht is the way to go. The sea is so open out there and you are incredibly unlucky to get stopped and searched. There's agreement between Britain and Ireland about not stopping anyone by boat. You can get from Antrim to Scotland by boat in just a few hours and I'm sure a lot of people who were involved in the Troubles took advantage of this.

I know people who have sailed yachts back from France, Croatia and Portugal who haven't been stopped. It's a huge potential money earner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

Would prefer to spend 10 years in a foreign prison than stay a few months in MountJoy - listening to Paddy O'Gorman on Pat Kenny ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Spunge wrote: »
    That's one hell of a date.

Apparently she didn't know anything about the drugs...

...or so says she (and her friends and family)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not after seeing the movie, midnight express

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Corkboi

i been at sciphol airport in amsterdam on numerous times and never once saw a sniffer dog

Was there two weeks ago and they were training them in the main terminal, the security guy was walking around and hiding something and two minutes later the guy with the dog would come, every time he found something the dog would be given a toy...........

Little ****er.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

Off topic, I know, but, I was is Schiphol one time - absolutely para - and ended up dumping my nose and ear trimmer in case they thought it was a dildo.

I know, crazy!

P.S would have put more comma's in, if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Big fan of the show myself, it's very entertaining to watch.

A lot of times it seems the people have gone too far before they realise they're up ****s creek and can't go back. For example, if a drug dealer puts you up in a 5 star hotel and gives you a huge amount of money to spend during your ''trip'' it would be very difficult to think you won't get your head blown off if you try and do a runner. Not to mention they'd more than likely have someone watching you all the time.

If nothing else hopefully the show will create a bit more awareness and stop people from doing it.

Also, I've never seen an episode of it yet where there's no family/friends involved after he/she is arrested. If you're ever stuck for money or something abroad just phone family/friends, etc. They will help. It's better to make that phone call than spend years fending off Big Mufasa from tearing into you in some hell hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

CuriousOne wrote: »
    Would prefer to spend 10 years in a foreign prison than stay a few months in MountJoy
    I doubt it - they only painted over "death to drug dealers" on the walls of Ninoy Aquino airport fairly recently. If you aren't wedged into a small wire mesh cage with fifty other prisoners being fed scraps by charitable strangers through the slats, you get to go into solitary, which is a concrete coffin without enough room to sit up or stretch your arms out on either side. And forget about air conditioning.

I cannot envision what manner of gobshite would risk that. Suppose I should watch the show to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Paully D wrote: »
    Big fan of the show myself, it's very entertaining to watch.

A lot of times it seems the people have gone too far before they realise they're up ****s creek and can't go back. For example, if a drug dealer puts you up in a 5 star hotel and gives you a huge amount of money to spend during your ''trip'' it would be very difficult to think you won't get your head blown off if you try and do a runner. Not to mention they'd more than likely have someone watching you all the time.

If nothing else hopefully the show will create a bit more awareness and stop people from doing it.

Also, I've never seen an episode of it yet where there's no family/friends involved after he/she is arrested. If you're ever stuck for money or something abroad just phone family/friends, etc. They will help. It's better to make that phone call than spend years fending off Big Mufasa from tearing into you in some hell hole.

Speaking from experience there eh?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

It's hard to see them putting a foolproof smuggling method on the Discovery Chanel, somehow.

As an aside Schipol Airport uses a sniffer pig to sniff out trouble. Vietnamese, no less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sindri wrote: »
    Speaking from experience there eh?:)

Mufasa, is........is......that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Did anyone see the fat chick who decided to smuggle a load of coke from Columbia to the US in exchange for 10k so she could get gastric bypass surgery?

Dumbass of the highest order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I've watched all the episodes. This is what I learnt.

1. When at the airport, DO NOT LOOK NERVOUS. This means take a beta blocker (or Xanax, or whatever) to chemically keep you calm, and be doing something like munching on a croissant and drinking a coke as you go through customs. Most of the people get caught because they look nervous at the airport.

2. Wrap the drugs around your body rather than put them in the bag, i.e. remove the x-ray machine risk.

3. Don't do the crime unless you're willing to do the time!

What I find most mad is that the people only get paid about $5k to import the drugs. NOT WORTH IT!!

EDIT: sorry for the weird fonts I'm using chinese windows and it is going crazy

• Advertisement
Advertisement