Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding myself

• 01-12-2011 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

You hear all the time about people going off to "find themselves" - Usually tossers who have mammy and daddys dosh to spend. I don't, but if I did - where should I go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

a ditch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Where did you last remember seeing yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Where ever it was you lost yourself. Retrace your steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Dirty fuckers. Makes ya go blind ya know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Behind the fridge. Always behind the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

It's always the last place you look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

behind the sofa obviously

Nah but seriously,Northern Scotland.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Behind the fridge. Always behind the fridge.
    Or under/in between sofa cushions. That reminds me, I haven't checked that for money lately..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

pmcmahon wrote: »
    behind the sofa obviously

Nah but seriously,Northern Scotland.

Ah - a helpful answer at last and one which I would seriously consider - I hear the fishing is good up there and the ladies hospitable.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

A gentle Oiled finger gently delving into your love star whilst fapping off.

Wait . What ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

They say a stitch in time saves nine, I guess we'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bed ...mountains can be climbed in the morning when everything looks better .

Night Y 'all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Wait . What ?

:confused: I am sure there is help out there for you (or maybe not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

close your eyes, breath deeply. That's you breathing, you can thank me later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Read up on Timothy Leary. Then do as he did - LSD, lots of it, under supervision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

scholar007 wrote: »
    Ah - a helpful answer at last and one which I would seriously consider - I hear the fishing is good up there and the ladies hospitable.......

yep! both are good,go here,probably the most beautiful place i've ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got so excited, thought the title was "fingering myself" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

guitarzero wrote: »
    Read up on Timothy Leary. Then do as he did - LSD, lots of it, under supervision.

Didn't Steve Jobs say LSD helped him?

Want to "find yourself"? Go travelling and get away from your everyday life and the people in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Didn't Steve Jobs say LSD helped him?

Want to "find yourself"? Go travelling and get away from your everyday life and the people in it.

From what Ive read LSD basically allows you to access your subconscious and understand the nature of who you are. Considering much of our drives, ambitions and general nature is our subconscious it would probably be a good place to start. Many people have come to profound states of understanding themselves on LSD. The danger seems to be if its done just for the sake of it - bad trips. But if you read up on Stanislov Grof and his form of therapy it sounds pretty astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

You hear all the time about people going off to "find themselves" - Usually tossers who have mammy and daddys dosh to spend. I don't, but if I did - where should I go?

Seriously? Any Ryanair flight to Europe takes you to a different culture.
    I suggest Liverpool for a start. Great City :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

chucken1 wrote: »

Oh and then Tallin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Don't waste your time or your money. Any aspect of 'finding yourself' can be done wherever you are.

Want to try new things? Do it.
    Want to go new places? Do it.

Guess what - people travel from all over the world to get to wherever you are. Go do what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Oh theres one of those idiots where Im staying, This is an actual quote from him "Oh man Ive been all over the place! Africa, London! Ive seen the world for what it is" So taking into account hes from Australia hes been to 3 places

So I get my revenge for him being a tool by hitting on the girl he wants to get with:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

chucken1 wrote: »
    Was there once. Got robbed.

Not a man for generalisations or anything but they're all scum over there. Every single one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

field ,magic mushrooms -done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Well you won't find yourself at the bottom of bottle of wine but you'll feel a little classier in the process.

Going off to find yourself is a bit of a tosser thing, to me finding yourself is living as who you are rather than who you're trying to be for others, finding your self is letting yourself be yourself

See, see how I can be a motivational speaker and find myself king size bed full of smelly fiver notes. That is where I will find myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

if I did - where should I go?

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

They should just look in the mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

maps.google.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Saying "I want to find myself" is a great way to alert everyone who hears it that You are the biggest tool in that room by a country mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ldee

eat some pasta
    say the rosary
    sleep with a foreigner.....

that's what julia roberts thought me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

huh? how did julia roberts think you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

I would say to get out of Europe for a start, some of mainland Europe is very culturaly rich but I'd be surprised if it inspired anything lifechanging. Go to Asia, and get a 'culture-shock'. Do the touristy **** and then get off the beaten trail and spend some time in small towns/villages. Definately changed my outlook on things. Also your $$ will get you alot further/longer in Asia than in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Finding yourself is an internal journey to know who you are beyond name and form.

You silly sods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Go to India and backpack. About €600 for return air ticket and visa, maybe €150 for vaccinations and then €20 a day (more than enough; reduce that to €10 if you stay for a longer time in some nice place near a beach in Kerala).:):)

Wait . What ?
    Apt username is apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Be careful, you may not like what you find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

<Standard found myself but eventually lost myself because I forgot to exchange addresses post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

I think the key is to stay away as long as you can if you get gone. Coming back to Ireland was depressing and it continues to get more and more depressing everyday. I went over 3 months without hearing the word 'recession' and without hearing people constantly complain about how bad they have it bla bla bla.

What i'm really saying is if you go to India/Germany/Asia/North Pole and find yourself, do your 'new self' a favour and dont come back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm still finding myself......at home! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Wherever you go, there you are! ;)

Advertisement