Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Leak theory

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well the 4GB thingy made a difference from what I can tell. I was having a ctd almost without fail if I played for more than 2 hours or so. Now not a bother. Assumed it was ATI related.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mewso wrote: »
    Well the 4GB thingy made a difference from what I can tell. I was having a ctd almost without fail if I played for more than 2 hours or so. Now not a bother. Assumed it was ATI related.

Yeah similar here, thought it was a heat problem first but when I put a utility watching the cards I didn't spot anything wrong with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As your link says it doesn't fix the leak issue just ensures it won't crash the game but call me fickle I'm happy for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mewso wrote: »
    As your link says it doesn't fix the leak issue just ensures it won't crash the game but call me fickle I'm happy for now :)

Yeah Bethesda really should have spotted this in testing but Bethesda will be Bethesda. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

For anyone having lag issues on the ps3, I found a bit of a fix on one of the gaming sites. Just go into the game settings and turn off all the autosave options(on travel, wait and rest i think). This made a huge difference to my 60gb fat ps3 so it seems to work for some people. They also recommended going through your skyrim save files from your ps3 xmb and deleting any corrupt data files. I found two.

You Must remember to save the game regularly though, thats the only catch.
    Im on level 50 with 120ish hours play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement