Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Planet X wrote: »
    Anyone come up with windchill temps. for current weather like this?
    temp here now is 3.5 with a windchill of -2 now.just had a gust of 44mph

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

How is it calculated?

my davis vantage vue weather station dose that job 4 me,my highest gust 2day was 54mph,lowest windchill 2day was -5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Current weather conditions.

Still very windy with frequent heavy showers. 3.7c and 3.4dp. 977.9hPa.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

West Cork.. snow in the night and it has frozen solid along with the rain and hail. Bitter cold under a huge bright moon.

No wind thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dry and cold, Temp 1.7c Dp -0.2c

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Reports of a lot of snow around Co Cork this morning according to reports on the local radio station.

Snow now falling on the Northside of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Reports of a lot of snow around Co Cork this morning according to reports on the local radio station.

Snow now falling on the Northside of the city.
    Light snow falling again now around Whites Cross and Carraig na bhFear to the north east of Cork City. Earlier falls during the night too,sticking.

Ogie84 wrote: »
    Light snow falling again now around Whites Cross and Carraig na bhFear to the north east of Cork City. Earlier falls during the night too,sticking.

Nothing so far here; West Cork.. We have a market tomorrow at Mahon Point so watching the situation. Sky is very heavy and dark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

1.2°C ↓
    Wind: F0 max gust 28 kmh @01:23
    Precipitation: RAIN .6mm last hour
    Pressure: 990.5 hPa ↑

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

You can take the girl outta Donegal but the snow always follows. Merry Christmas Graces7

irish1967 wrote: »
    You can take the girl outta Donegal but the snow always follows. Merry Christmas Graces7

;) Was about to post to you in similar vein! Yep; deja vu here. It can snow etc all it likes after 22nd as that is our last market until at least February,, so then I shall enjoy it. But right now, need it clear! So many more markets down here and they love our warm hats etc.

It looks bad up there :D

Getting darker by the minute here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

A nice dusting of snow here this morning with it still lying in shaded parts:)... Currently 1.9c with a dew point of -1.3c

Heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Smashing morning here . Bright sunshine , not a breath of wind.
    Cold but in a nice wintery way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Have to travel through Omagh & Sligo to Galway, what is the weather like for driving?

Thanks

Noisy night.. Battering of hail, thunder.. collie going berserk...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Lashing rain in Waterford.
    Wind is really starting to pick up too.
    Current temp 6.2c Temperature seems to be falling quickly..
    DP3.7c
    Wind SW gust to 42 km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

1.5 with a DP of 0.2 - Very much borderline if the precip gets here. Temp still falling so would want it to drop another 1c before the precip gets here (if it gets here) as the temp and DP are sure to increase as the precip arrives. The temperature has fallen 0.5c in the past hour so all hope is not lost just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Temp In Shankill is 2.3c with -2.0 dp

• Advertisement

temp here 0.6,dew 0,wind calm,nice nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Around 7p.m. there was an almighty shower of hailstones in Slieverue. I thought someone was scratching at the door it was so loud!

I thought the rain had died away and was hoping it would finally get cold enough for snow but no luck yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford @ 21.00 (Wednesday)

Temperature: 4.2C
    Humidity: 79%
    Rainfall today (so far): None
    Pressure: 986.9 hPa, plummeting
    Wind direction: Southerly
    Wind speed @ 3m above ground: (10 min avg) 2 kph ("gusting" 15 kph)

Dry, cloudy.

Been missing a couple of days so I might mention it snowed (showers) here on Tuesday. Didn't stick here (130m) but ground covered above 200m asl - still is despite slow thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

No idea of temps Waterford City Weather station seems to be gone down/offline. :(

But recorded two new records since I got the weather station in June (this year):

Wind 60kph (@3m) - noon Tuesday 13th.

Low pressure: 978.1 at 23.30 on Monday night at 23.30. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Temp risen from low of 0.1˚c at 19.07 to 2˚c currently, rain 2mm in last hour, wind 10km/h, pressure fallen to 981hPa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold and dry in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

a wet night..unremarkable otherwise 5C

Raining here now - light (0.4mm so far); wind turning towards the east but calm. (I know that seems a contradiction, but that's what the anemometer is telling me!)

Temp has dipped to 3.1C.

• Advertisement

So...you don't believe we have a dead calm easterly situation going on here?

Proof:
    IMG_0006.jpg

Note the itty bitty rain and the lack of a flash? - but this vertically challenged anemometer is proving, beyond any reasonable doubt, that conditions in Sandyford are calm while a 100mph gustiness rages on the south coast.

:eek:

Hmm..I can't explain the apparent shadow of the rain gauge against the reflective sky. Maybe there was a flash after all.

Checking the data..........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement