Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad Sim question

• 01-12-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one, does the 3G iPad take the same sim as phones? I presume you need a separate contract but what would prevent you from taking your sim out of your phone and putting it into the iPad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It takes micro sim and as far as I know you can put any card you like in. You can also cut a normal sim to the size of a microsim if you are so inclined and use that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would avoid cutting, just go into the related store and say you need to convert your sim. They should give you a microsim free and you transfer your number over.

As to what is stopping you. Nothing really. You won't be able to make/receive calls. You can receive SMS but they are like popups and you can't read after closing, nor reply.

Other then that, if you don't have a good data plan on the existing sim you are going to get a huge bill fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers I'm on an unlimited data plan on my phone and was thinking if I picked up a 3g version I could put in my phone sim if I needed to every now and then however if you are saying that I'd need to cut the sim then I wouldn't be able to switch back

Advertisement