Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda clerance with convictions

Options
  • 01-12-2011 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been offered work with vulnerable adults but have to wait on Garda clearance.I am wondering does anyone now what offences would exclude me from this work.?
    When i was younger I had issues with drugs from the age of 16 til i was 30.During that time i managed to have upwards of 70 convictions recorded against me including a number for major drug offences.Thank God that is behind me.In my application and in my interview i was asked Did i have any convictions and i said Yes.I didnt tell them the extent of it.They got me to sign a consent form for Garda clearance.
    Does only sex offences,arson,fraud constitute me not getting cleared for the job?or could my track record be enough to be refused.
    Please only people who have experience with this or people who REALLY know please respond.
    I have read other threads about garda clearance and there seems to be alot of misinformation from people who in reality dont have a clue what they are talking about.
    Thank you for any advice given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

It is up to your employer to do what they want with the information they get from the Guards! What I mean is, if they think this won't affect your job they may just take you on anyway, as you said a sexual offence is totally different.
    But it may or may not go against you, depending on the employer.
    These things aren't black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks alot.

Advertisement