Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Druids cider

• 01-12-2011 5:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

i know its for the homeless n hobos lol , but 8 cans for 8 euro at 6% i love it, anyone else
    And do any of ye know where ya can get K cider its 8.6% im mad ta see what tis like!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I do, until I get a bad batch, oh I dread nothing more than a bad batch.....

Oh and Kepplers is the same except cheaper, bit nicer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

ya i noticed that it differs in taste when ever you get it, dnt think i heard a that one ill give it a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

hey Lads be careful with that stuff, trust me that drink can black you out if your not careful and you might end up 90 miles away before you realize what happened. serious, you could end up like me in one of these sessions...

http://www.youtube.com/user/cameracam315rv#p/c/D8DA21F158DD3723/0/jjZiIDOpZWU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I find it very bitter on it's own. Go half and half with a beer with it now in a pint glass. Much nicer. Takes a lot of the sharpness away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I think it's lovely, but it turns me Gik yellow

21/25

• Advertisement

I love it.

I do feel like such a wino though, when buying it.

But, meh.. I'm a student! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DenMan wrote: »
    I find it very bitter on it's own. Go half and half with a beer with it now in a pint glass. Much nicer. Takes a lot of the sharpness away.

it's cider, cider isn't bitter it's sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

It is very sweet but great stuff for the price. I used to drinks loooooooooads of it until I got a seizure and now I can't drink it anymore:(. But it's fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Skerries wrote: »
    it's cider, cider isn't bitter it's sweet

Druids is. It says on the can it's made with bitter apples. I find it very sharp compared to say Bulmers and Kopparberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Heartburn city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

chakotha wrote: »
    Heartburn city.

Better believe it!! I can drink a bottle of whiskey when I'm rock n rollin and for the laugh when I was in a ocal shop I said, ah sure I'll buy these two Devil's Bit flagons. Sure this is harmless aul fairy stuff like beer......

Christ on a bike!!! I nearly had to cut my head off the next day. I was in the vale of tears and my Lord had foresaken me. Don't know what it is about strong cider; like I say I am good buds with whiskey an poitin is like spring water to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I drink an 8 Pack of Druids most weekends. Its grand and a great bargain too. I only ever drink Guinness or Cider and I rarely suffer from bad hangovers (only If I've really dogged it .. or mixed in Lagers, Spirits, Wine)

Devils Bit is awful sh1te ...and will warp you with a hangover.

Kopperberg / Bulmers Pear will have you on the kazi for days after.

Bulmers original is lovely, buts its stubbornly expensive and I can't stand their smug fcukin adverts .. Cider is made from the very worst rotten apples...its not a quality product.. just a very profitable one.

Heard this from a friend and it kind of makes sense....

1). The best apples are sold as (wait for it) as Apples
    2). The apples that are at least roughly the same shape as apples should be are sold to make deserts .. Apple Tarts, Apple Crumble etc.

3). The Apples that are in bits are used for Apple Juice
    4). The absolute goo at the bottom of the Apple barrels/Truck containers is what is used for Cider :-)

Pleasant drinking boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

An addendum ...

If Bulmers showed in their adverts .. how exactly Bulmers Cider is made .. and showed how much sugar etc. they add to it .. ..and finally showed a couple of lads beating the lard out of each other in as Take-Away after drinkin a couple of pints of it .. I'd be more inclined to be a purchaser :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

I'm drinking it now :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Choudary

Greeting Sirs,

Drinking alcohol is not good for the liver, also can be causing depression or lack of stamina. Perhaps considering these facts people might reconsider. A well known fact is that Mahatma Ghandi did not drink any alcohol whatsoever, quite an inspiration!

Thank you,

Regards,

Choudary Chintapalli

Advertisement