Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly limit reset (UPC)

• 01-12-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody I just wanna know, when does UPC 'reset' the monthly limit?ie:

I've been monitoring my usage since the first week of november and I am currently at around 460Gb. I don't want to go over the limit so I am not using my internet that much at the moment. When could I use it again? I am not sure if they 'reset' the limit on the first of the month or whenever they take the money from the card or what.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Hey everybody I just wanna know, when does UPC 'reset' the monthly limit?ie:

I've been monitoring my usage since the first week of november and I am currently at around 460Gb. I don't want to go over the limit so I am not using my internet that much at the moment. When could I use it again? I am not sure if they 'reset' the limit on the first of the month or whenever they take the money from the card or what.
    It reset first of every month so 1st of Demcember reset 1st january hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

rob808 wrote: »
    It reset first of every month so 1st of Demcember reset 1st january hope this helps

are you sure about this? whats your source? how did you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Usage limit is reset the day your bill is sent out, mine is a 1 monthly bill which is sent on 28th of every month. so 28th - 28th 500gb usage allowance begins, ends, if in further doubt call UPC.

mark17j wrote: »
    Usage limit is reset the day your bill is sent out, mine is a 1 monthly bill which is sent on 28th of every month. so 28th - 28th 500gb usage allowance begins, ends, if in further doubt call UPC.

Well surely I'm in doubt because one of you said that it's the first and one of you said that it's whenever you pay. :P

What's your source? Did you ever ask them before? I just couldn't have the time to call them. I'm usually always out all day so I can't get to them on time.

Well surely I'm in doubt because one of you said that it's the first and one of you said that it's whenever you pay. :P

What's your source? Did you ever ask them before? I just couldn't have the time to call them. I'm usually always out all day so I can't get to them on time.
    IT on upc website said 1st of every month it reset call upc and ask them 1908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

ask on website, (live chat) don't be lazy :)

Live chat? Where's that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Live chat? Where's that?

I can't seem to find that anywhere on the website -.-

It's should obviously be on the 'contact us' section, right? Well I can't see it there..

I can't seem to find that anywhere on the website -.-

It's should obviously be on the 'contact us' section, right? Well I can't see it there..
    upc website click customers support and click broadband
    then it on features usage allowance.

• Advertisement

upc wrote:
    Please note, usage will be reviewed over a calendar month, e.g. 1st Jan to 1st Feb,

Not really being specific or something but aren't they just saying that that's just an example? I mean, if it was exactly the case, shouldn't it have been i.e.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

@LeakingLava A please and thank you goes along way..Doesnt take much time and will be appreciated

ask on website, (live chat) don't be lazy smile.gif
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Live chat? Where's that?
    ask on website, (live chat) don't be lazy smile.gif

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    @LeakingLava A please and thank you goes along way..Doesnt take much time and will be appreciated

Doesn't thanks apply too if it was given in the end of a conversation? I was planning on doing that. But come on, the sort of replies that are given to me in here? I mean, why would one even bother replying like that, eg. this guy F1ngers, it is indeed on the website as it should, but OBVIOUSLY I cannot locate it. Apparently, there was a problem yesterday of the live chat which is why I WASN'T SEEING IT which is probably why I was asking where it was. And also, I just didn't think I could fit a 'please' into my first post as I just had questions on it. Sorry about that.

Here's a post in boards.ie about live chat before:
    I know its still customer care, but why not just ask the live chat on their site?

Half way down on the right...
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/twentyfive/

So yeah, thank you very much laughingjoker91. And please God let there be more people like laughingjoker91.

By the way, thanks to those who are deserving my thanks. Live chat is up now so I'll just ask everything there.

Just to answer anyone else who might be asking this question in the near future, it's whenever the 'bill date' is for your account. It's not neccessarily the 1st of every month.

I've just finished a four day conversation with UPC(damn they reply too slow). They confirmed it about four times to me that it's actually the first of the month when they reset the usage count. And if say you start on the 15th of november, your usage for november will be ended on the 30th of november and you will start a new usage count on the 1st of december. So basically,they take money for a full month on november and only give you half a month. So for future referece, people who are interested on joining UPC, start on the very first day of the month.

Advertisement