Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV Application Time & Other Info

Options
  • 01-12-2011 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey everyone,

So, myself and my boyfriend are applying for our WHV in the morning with VISA FIRST. (Pending my wages go in the bank ontime, it's a mess with work! :()
    Just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with this company or can offer anywhere else? Was also wondering how they let you know application was successful etc? I was speaking with a guy with a very strong accent the other day so couldn't really understand him.

Planning on flying into Brisbane on the second week in February and hope fully getting straight into farmwork in the Queensland area - if anyone could let us know about some good websites

Very excited :D

Thanks a million everybody!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Why not apply for it directly? Did you have a look at the FAQ at the top of the Australia forum page?
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/working-in-australia.htm

Unless you are a criminal nobody gets turned down for a WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Hey OP,

I agree with universe! Apply for it yourself through the Australian Immigration website, immi.gov.au! It's very straightforward so you shouldn't find it a problem.
    We applied for ours a few weeks ago and were initially going to go through Visa First but decided against it when we realised how easy it was, plus it saves you some money!
    You get your Visa Grant Notification a few hours later, we applied for ours on a Friday night and literally had an email from them the next day at 8am saying our visa had been granted!
    Cut out the middle man and do it DIY style :)!
    Good luck!

PS. Online application costs 270 AUD which is about 200 euro :)!

Advertisement