Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUSIC PRACTICAL BACKING MUSIC??????

• 01-12-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey all, im repeating my LC this year and doing music alone outside as College of com cork doesnt have music in their subject choice and i cant afford grinds, but last year when doing music i did my practical with a friend (i played bass) but we have since fallen out so i have no one to do my practical with this year so what i want to know is, can i do my practical on bass with backing tracks to songs? like what do they need to be? does there need to be no bass in the track even if i play louder? or can i just choose 4 songs i wanna do, burn them onto a disc and play for the examiner, or do i have to find all the songs i want to play without the bass tracks in them? i dont know how it works so someone please help me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Afaik you can't have the instrument you're playing on your backing track. That's the way it works for singing anyways!

What you could do is download a programme like Audacity (free to download) and remove the bass from the track yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeah, you need to have no bass at all on the backing track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

ah ok thank you but would i be better playing bass to backing tracks since it is my best instrument or just playing acoustic (its my second instrument) i cant really decide tbh, which do you think would be marked better or easier my skill on bass with scales and fills ro my skills finger picking and strumming on acoustic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

As far as I'm aware electric and accoustic come under as one so you can play both! If accoustic bass and electric bass is what you mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

ah no sorry i meant just either acoustic guitar or electric bass i cant decide, im better at bass but find good backing tracks for songs i wanna do is really difficult but for acoustic all i need to do is learn 4 songs

• Advertisement
Advertisement