Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Licence (Learner Permit) in Oz

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

just wondering if an Irish Provisional Licence is worth a feck out in Oz, going in Jan landing in Sydney and going up the east coast. I am 31 (got my WHV while 30 before anyone asks) and quite a good driver and am currently half way through my second Provisional Licence. I am kicking myself at the moment that I never got my full licence, was planning on it this year but never got around to it.

My reason for asking is that although originally planning to Greyhound / train it around the place I now really like the sound of buying / hiring a camper or car. Would I stand a hope in hell with only a provisional?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Hi all,

just wondering if an Irish Provisional Licence is worth a feck out in Oz, going in Jan landing in Sydney and going up the east coast. I am 31 (got my WHV while 30 before anyone asks) and quite a good driver and am currently half way through my second Provisional Licence. I am kicking myself at the moment that I never got my full licence, was planning on it this year but never got around to it.

My reason for asking is that although originally planning to Greyhound / train it around the place I now really like the sound of buying / hiring a camper or car. Would I stand a hope in hell with only a provisional?

Any help appreciated.

You will need a full licence to drive there , a prov is of no use to you in oz.

Advertisement