Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree Recycling Dublin City

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how people dispose of Christmas trees in Dublin City Centre? I'm thinking of getting a real one this year and as I live in the city centre and don't drive a car, I'm going to buy one from a local shop and bring it myself to the apartment. I won't be able to drive it out to a landfill or anything so I'm wondering is there some sort of council collection for them as I'm assuming I can't stick it in the apartment rubbish bins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Fair play to you not assuming you can dump it in or beside the communal bins. Where i live thats exactly what happens and its a pain(and costs) to get rid of them in the New Year.

Sometimes there is an arrangement made by the Managing Agent for a collection on a particular day. You could ring to check.

Also i remember reading on here of a service where you can get your tree delivered and then collected in the New Year. Obviously it would cost extra but saves you the hassle of getting it and then getting rid of it.

Advertisement