Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Energy Saving Light Bulbs in Sligo?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Is there a place in Sligo wher i can buy cheap energy saving bulbs (B22). All i can find is more than €2(for 8-11W - in Heatons now in offer) for 1 which i think is really dear. I checked in carraroe retail park, tesco, dunnes etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I'm also on the hunt for cheap bulbs :) You can get the normal push in ones in € stores But I need small and normal sized screw ones cheapest I've found is in Heatons for €4.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Try Derry Taheny's on the quays. Generally good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I will try to check today, as well as mary's shop on castle street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

loki7777 wrote: »
    I will try to check today, as well as mary's shop on castle street.

Personally I think Marys is one of the most expensive discount stores I've ever been in
    We bought cheap energy save bulbs ages ago I think it was in marys and yes they were cheap but they give off horrible light they are marked as "daylight" took them out after a day wouldnt use them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Just remember that cheap bulbs are exactly that, cheap bulbs. Try Derry Taheny or any electrical wholesaler. They'll be selling quality brands, maybe a bit dearer, but should last longer so cheaper in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Cheap - only price not quality:) Osram, GE, Philips, nothing else,unknown:) I know that in north you can get 2-pack of them for 1 pound, or in 1 pounds shop more of them.

Advertisement