Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning after Renovation

• 01-12-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, just looking for some advise re cleaning after fairly major renovations. Unfortunately, the furniture and all our belongings had to stay in the house for a week while final work was being done and, although we had dust sheets covering everything, the dust seems to have gotten under and into everything whilst being moved from room to room.

Is it worth hiring a steam cleaner for beds, couches etc. I have a 20 month old and don't really want him inhaling any dust! Also, am I best just using a damp cloth on most things rather than furniture polish.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I wouldn't use steam or anything wet!!!!

1 Vacuum cleaner.

2 Take outside and beat/brush.

3 Packing tape or any wide cheap tape and use the sticky side pressed hard against surfaces to be cleaned and then peel off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Curlyscot

Thanks for the advice.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Go down to Woodies and ask them for a tin of elbow grease its the only thing for real messy jobs like that im afraid :D

Advertisement