Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Printer

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi Lads & Lassies,

I need tour help again.
    My bosses PC was printing to a network printer up to a week ago and now its not. I can see the printer, I've checked the print spooler and all the other PC's are printing fine. I've even re-installed the printer driver, any ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Delete the printer and delete everything inside this folder and re-install should fix it:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

What printer is it?
    What OS is your boss using?

If it's a HP jobbie uncheck the snmp checkbox under 'ports' and see if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

Stacksey I'll try that tomorrow.
    Standard toaster its a brother laser printer and running xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

By default the brother printers set themselves up with a name such as
    BRN001BA9123456.

When you say that you can see the printer you might have already confirmed this but; can you use ping from the bosses computer to this address, or enter this into a web browser on the bosses computer?

If not, there might be an out-of date cache of the name resolved.

Or stopping and restarting the print spooler service on the bosses PC. If the PC doesn't connect quickly enough on booting to the printer ( e.g. the wifi is yet to get an IP address, or has flickered off/on), it can mess up the spooler.

Advertisement