Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor service when ordering

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I tried to order the Canon SLR D1100 on curry's website recently from Ireland and ran into the following difficulties. Firstly no confirmation email was received. I then discovered Curry's and PC world were the same company. So I went to PC world to cancel the online order which involved a delivery charge of 7 euros and instead to collect the item in-store.
    I was told this was not possible. I then decided to cancel the online order but when I rang the helpline in England they could not carry out the cancellation as insufficient info had been given to me when the order had been made. A few days later I received a email telling me my camera was being delivered that morning so I rang the courier company to tell them not to deliver. I then tried ringing a Dublin number given to me by an operator in England but though I rang 5 times there was never an answer.
    I then emailed a customer service address but this email could not be delivered by my internet provider. After scanning Curry's website again and again I eventually found another email address. This got a response saying the issue would be looked at but it might take up to 48 hours. After 3 days elapsed I decided on the off chance to try phoning the Dublin number again
    and got through this time. Which is why I am writing this long message as my issue has still not been resolved.
    I get really fed up with companies that provide poor service and, sorry to say, but my experience of placing an order with Curry's online has been really frustrating and a bit like getting lost in a maze. It should be a lot simpler than this to cancel an order before it's delivered and have ones money refunded. Someone in Currys should look at the online systems involved in ordering and trying to make customer contact if they really want to provide quality customer service.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement