Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mouldy food...

• 01-12-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Right, so the problem is I had some tuna and sweetcorn in a bowl, left it in my room, put the bowl inside a glass pyrex dish with a lid to stop the smell of the tuna getting out;), left it a while, and now it is nearly full of mould. :mad:What would be the best plan of action, apart from this- http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs34/f/2008/291/4/2/Gas_mask_by_steamw.jpg
    for getting rid of it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Right, so the problem is I had some tuna and sweetcorn in a bowl, left it in my room, put the bowl inside a glass pyrex dish with a lid to stop the smell of the tuna getting out;), left it a while, and now it is nearly full of mould. :mad:What would be the best plan of action, apart from this- http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs34/f/2008/291/4/2/Gas_mask_by_steamw.jpg

Eat it you coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but hear me out.

How about throwing it in the bin and washing the glass dish?

Might just be crazy enough to work, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Put it in a bin bag and fling it into the neighbours garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Kill it with fire.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Just throw it away, silly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Get off-planet and nuke it from orbit Ripley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Ad a fly or something to the mix and put it away for another few weeks. Then, unleash the supermutant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I think you should move back home - you clearly can't be left alone! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

See the problem is I want to keep the dish, but don't want the smell to go everywhere (I have roommates and morals!), just give me a minute and I'll try something- I'll keep ye updated:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but hear me out.

How about throwing it in the bin and washing the glass dish?

Might just be crazy enough to work, no?

Are you mad? What sort of crazy-ass idea is that?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

See the problem is I want to keep the dish

Why the hey do you want to keep it? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Just wait. Get a large duvet and curl up outside the fridge for a few months. It should be gone in a year.

Right, stage one- complete.
    Bulk of aforementioned tuna and sweetcorn transfer to bag and sealed in a second bag. As we speak, the dish is on the windowsill, full of deodorant between the glass and the blind so the smell can escape outside, there are dead birds everywhere outside and the trees all look like thishttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Rhynchophorus_ferrugineus_larva.JPG
    Stage 2 can now begin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Why did you leave a bowl of tuna in your room in the first place?

I ate mouldy jam twice this week. I picked out the mould obviously. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

tuna on its own smells bad enough, i would say it smells fairly bad now!

ICANN wrote:
    I ate mouldy jam twice this week. I picked out the mould obviously. :-/
    Maverick!
    ICANN wrote: »
    Why did you leave a bowl of tuna in your room in the first place?
    Who knows, but you'll be glad to hear stage 2 is now complete!- Most of mould, green and white, along with the mould juices( Aaargh:eek:), have now been removed, onto stage 3, the washing...

FatherLen wrote: »
    tuna on its own smells bad enough, i would say it smells fairly bad now!
    You can only imagine, I dare not bring it into the communal areas of the flat for fear of my life and the lives of others:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

throw it out the window and make it natures problem

It's all over, the beast is dead, and I would just like to say a few thank yous, firstly to tesco for their plastic bags, the finest in all the land, secondly lynx, whose deodorant may have saved my life, fairy washing up liquid, you have been there from the start and will be there to the end, you are so long lasting, and finally the big one, myself, whose laziness, stupidity and procrastination made this entirely possible:)
    Mods you can close her up, this thread has served its purpose.
    I bid you fairwell, may you succeed in all future battles against moulds and their allies, good luck, you will need it...:pac:

Advertisement