Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 01-12-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

what is the best way to get fox poo off dogs. one of my guys, is always rolling in it and as you know the stink is unbelievable. i cant wash him everyday as he is a 7 month old st bernard. i cant leave him either as he is a mostly indoor dog apart from play time in the back garden. even when i leave the brat on lead he will sniff it out and have you tried stopping a st from rolling? not easy. so any ideas would be all welcome and appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Pretty sure I heard something about tomato ketchup once!

Edited to check, yep tomato ketchup or vinegar, whatever you have handy but I'd imagine you'd have to wash him after the ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

There was an item on the radio about pets a couple of weeks ago and someone asked how to get rid of fox poo, apparently shaking talcum powder on it and leaving it for a few minutes will get rid of the smell and the fox poo will "flake" off. Have'nt tried it yet even though my springer spaniel is always rolling in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Shampoo on a facecloth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Baby wipes and talc, only thing that works for me without taking out the hose!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

sorry i have no help to offer but the image of a 7 month old st bernard insisting in rolling around in fox dirt did make me LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

sorry i have no help to offer but the image of a 7 month old st bernard insisting in rolling around in fox dirt did make me LOL
    is funny watching him, but not funny when you have to sit in the same room as him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Is it true that fox poo smells 10 times worse than dog poo ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Any idea why they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Delancey wrote: »
    Is it true that fox poo smells 10 times worse than dog poo ?

No. It smells a thousand times worse. At least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Any idea why they do it?

i have heard its because in the wild they used to have to cover their smell, and nothing can cover quiet like fox poo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

i have heard its because in the wild they used to have to cover their smell, and nothing can cover quiet like fox poo

I saw a doc on wolves on discovery and while out on the hunt or patrol away from the rest of the packthey roll in things that smell so they can bring it back to the pack for all to smell and enjoy. maybe its a throw back to that

Advertisement