Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling HP Dv6 1299ea..Whats it worth?

• 01-12-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

As in the title I am thinking of selling my HP dv6 1299ea Artist Edition laptop and I am trying to figure out roughly how much it would be worth. Has anyone any ideas? It has just been fitted with a new motherboard as the previous one died but working as normal again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You're not going to get very much for it really! 200 tops, and you'd be doing well to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimergan

thanks for your reply Alanstrainor

Can you give me a reason why it would only get 200 tops?is it just because it is outdated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Outdated, prone to failure(motherboard), and just poor laptops really. They were never a great spec to begin with.

Id imagine the battery doesn't last very long at this stage? What's the general condition like?

Laptops are one of the worst things going as far as trying to sell them on after a few years. No one wants them, and the technology moves so fast that they're completely outdated the second you get them. It sucks I know!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimergan

Outdated, prone to failure(motherboard), and just poor laptops really. They were never a great spec to begin with.

Id imagine the battery doesn't last very long at this stage? What's the general condition like?

Laptops are one of the worst things going as far as trying to sell them on after a few years. No one wants them, and the technology moves so fast that they're completely outdated the second you get them. It sucks I know!:(

Ya I know I wish I was more knowledgeable when I bought it. The spec at the time I thought was quite good but comparing to today obviously isn't. Ya the battery's capacity is about 60%. Condition is very good not much cosmetic damage done to it.

What would you recommend me buying for my next one to prevent me falling into a trap again of dodgy motherboards or overheating and all that kinda stuff?

Advertisement