Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Share N300 NIGHTMARE!!!

Options
  • 01-12-2011 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi folks,

You'd think it's straightforward enough, you buy a wireless modem router, you already have an Eircom Wireless Modem that works perfectly fine, but you buy a better wireless modem for better signal strength/range.

I bought one of these yesterday, but it wouldn't connect to the internet, the light on the front of the device would flash green for a few seconds then flash orange then go solid orange. I also couldn't configure the modem, (I'm a software engineer I might add so am used to doing this kind of stuff as a wider part of my job), so I thought the product was fawlty so brought it back to Argos to replace it.

So second modem here, same as above, still will not connect to the internet. I got onto a call centre where the guy at the end of it sounds like a robot and he hardly has any English so I'm not wasting any more of my time with the utterly useless Belkin Tech Support.

Just wondering has anyone else ran into this nightmare?!? Just to add, my Eircom broadband connection & modem is working perfectly and is being used to post this mail!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LordSinclair

Got this sorted, you would need a PhD in Modemology to get this product working in your house and their tech support is even worse, avoid avoid avoid is my advice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Got this sorted, you would need a PhD in Modemology to get this product working in your house and their tech support is even worse, avoid avoid avoid is my advice....

Hi LordSinclair,

Glad you sorted and thanks fpr getting back to us and letting us know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement