Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning item to HK. Question on tax refund.

Options
  • 01-12-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

So I bought an item from a seller based in Hong Kong, I got the item(DHL shipping), payed 22euros tax and lo and behold, its the wrong item. Well a different variation, not what I wanted, etc. I contacted the seller and he agreed to swap the item.

To send the item back will cost 62euros (:confused:), but if I give DHL sellers' international sender account, they will bill him, so thats good I guess.

Question, is it possible to get tose 22euros back via revenue? Because, basically, I don't want to pay tax twice on the replacement item (payed now, and then after the guy sends me the item i'll pay again...). I called DHL and they said that if the seller marks Import/Export type as not Permanent, but Repair/Return, customs should not charge it, but according to DHL, there's no guarantee.
    So maybe there's a way to get the money back first and then pay the tax second time around?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

if the seller marks Import/Export type as not Permanent, but Repair/Return
    thats wrong. what you need to do is call DHL with "proof of export" basically a tracking number to show that you have returned the item to HK. they can then arrange for the VAT & Duty you paid to be refunded. you will have to pay the vat again on the replacement item.

Advertisement