Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Town - Cork

Options
  • 01-12-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can someone please tell me who are some of the major employers in Cork?

Will be moving down this month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm picking that the Cork City forum might be the place for this ... let's hope the mods there agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

any particular industries you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Depends on what fields you want to work in really. Call centres? Pharmaceutical? IT? Finance? Retail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IggyEire

Looking for a job in the IT sector

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

EMC/VMWare, Blizzard, McAfee, Apple off the top of my head. These employ a lot of people but also a lot these while technical are still like call centres, depends on your level of experience etc, some recruitment agencies(:mad:) should be able to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

IggyEire wrote: »
    Looking for a job in the IT sector

If you've a second language you've a lot of choice, if not you might struggle to get something straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IggyEire

brav wrote: »
    EMC/VMWare, Blizzard, McAfee, Apple off the top of my head. These employ a lot of people but also a lot these while technical are still like call centres, depends on your level of experience etc, some recruitment agencies(:mad:) should be able to help

2 years work experiences and have a Bachelor(Honours) Degree in IT Management.

I am trying to stay away from agencies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

Solarwinds based in Mahon are recruiting at the moment as far as I aware. They usually advertise on irishjobs.ie. check out their website too - www.solarwinds.com

Advertisement