Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas trees

• 01-12-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

ok waterford peeps

im wanting to buy one of the lovely winterfest trees:D

id prefer a real one but no problem going with artificial.

i remember back in limerick years ago buying real trees for 10-20 quid plus the stand seperatly.

artificial trees most of the time(unless your completly screwed) come with the stand but a real tree requires you to buy a stand seperate.

artificial tres are grat because sometimes they come with deco. also you can re-use them every year if you have a place to store it. the best thing is they arent as messy. they dont shed and they dont drip sap. best of all they dont smell...........................................
    unless you love the smell of a fresh christmas tree that is. personally i love the smell of a fresh christmas tree. its my preference by a mile. sure i cant re-use it but im a student so i probably wont be living in the same place next year so i cant carry around an artificial tree for the rest of my life anyway:) or could i. alot has to be said about a real christmas tree but im not going to say it:D

so the question is where can we buy trees and how much.

Argos
    artificial from €12.99 (5ft)

woodies
    artificial from €4.99 (3ft)

i cant find real trees but please suggest other places. the argos one seems like a better tree but as i said real trees would be a nice option

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Kervicks in ballybriken normally sell real ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There's a lorry every year opposite the entrance to Grange Manor. Real ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

the guys in the halfway house car park are great-also they do delivery within a 6 mile radius afaik,around 40euro for a standard sized tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Dunmore road next to topaz, across from grange manor and up in ballybriken. If you get a FAKE tree you can get some branches put them on your heaters for a while to get the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Saw real ones outside woodies yesterday. Cant say as to their quality though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I bought a tree last nite at the Londis just before woodlands hotel on the Dunmore Road. Got a lovely tree for 35 euro which I think is ok.

Advertisement