Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gig to support Judo Assist Ireland In the Gypsy Rose this Sun 8pm

• 01-12-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

fYNMM.jpg

This Sunday at 8, for one night only, winners of the 1983 UCD Battle of the Bands, The Stunner Rays are playing a gig in the Gypsy Rose to raise support for Special Needs and Mixed ability Judo in Ireland.

It's €5 on the door, it's for a good cause and the band aren't too shabby either, so please come down and show your support.

(Same bad different name.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Judo Assist Ireland.
    Judo Assist - Ireland is a program in the process of development by the Inclusion/Disability Committee of the Irish Judo Association with the help and support of local sports partnerships, and indeed world leaders in the development of Special Needs Judo.
    The program is designed to introduce the fantastic Olympic Sport of Judo to a wide variety of mixed ability groups across Ireland.

Judo is one of the main martial art type sports that is suitable for a wide spectrum of disabilities covering, social disabilities, intellectual & physical disabilties, sensory impairments, downs syndrome and amputees.
    This is due the pure nature and culture of judo with it's standing techniques (throws) and ground techniques (grappling, holds) ensuring there is something for everyone.

Coaching techniques are modified, with a clear focus on individual ability, and physical, social and emotional benefits to participants. The aim is to concentrate on what the student CAN do and not on what they can't.

The aim of this site is to inform potential students and disability organisations as to the main benefits of judo and the acheivements that can be gained. It is also a tool to keep coaches informed and up to date on the progress of the project and supply valuable information to help them delivered the best possible service to their SN students.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 panjero

Wasnt a the battle of the bands gig.But the reviews are promising for the future.
    Let it rip lads.
    Dont think I will need my hearin aid battery recharged

I hear the bouncer is an awful bollox at this place :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I hear the bouncer is an awful bollox at this place :(

Will you be working for it or will it be your day off?

Will you be working for it or will it be your day off?

I'll be there!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I'll be there!.

Cool, I'll have just finished doing the doors at 6 o'clock that morning, so it would only be hilarious if I were to be refused!

Don't refuse me!

I can not cut & paste from the phone.

But just to put it out that donations on the night came to over €250.

Considering it was a Sunday night at the start of December it was very well attended.

Advertisement