Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Tax Office Location?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I've to give someone a lift out there tomorrow, but haven't a clue which office is which

Is it the one near the carrigrohane road or the one near CIT/Fás?

Is the one in blackpool only for VRT? or can you pay there

I always pay online so I haven't a clue which one it is

And what will they need to get the form stamped by the gardai to say it hasn't been used since tax expired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

It is the one near the carrigrohane road or the one near CIT/Fás

Is it a renewel of tax or has the car actually been off the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

her tax expired about two months ago I think

usual renault problem with the plastic coils failing

her tax expired about two months ago I think

usual renault problem with the plastic coils failing

he/she will need to go to the garda station with the following form completed

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

I dont think the Gardai ask for anything else when being asked to stamp this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

The Motor Tax Office is on the corner of Model Farm Rd and Rossa Ave near Fas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Does anyone know the best time to go out there? went in this morning at twenty past 9 and the q was out to the door, had to turn and go cause i'd work at ten. Can go again monday but not early (superbowl hangover:rolleyes:)

Deco99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best time to go out there? went in this morning at twenty past 9 and the q was out to the door, had to turn and go cause i'd work at ten. Can go again monday but not early (superbowl hangover:rolleyes:)

Its is always busy at the start of the month as people will generall try to get the months value out of the tax.

If if have to go - i generally would try go mid week before dinner round 11 always seem to find it the quietest time..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

he/she will need to go to the garda station with the following form completed

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

I dont think the Gardai ask for anything else when being asked to stamp this form.

not for much longer, the lovely people in Government have decided to relieve us of this chore, soon, no matter if your car is lying in the back of a garden in a 6 foot hole it must be taxed.

correct me if I'm wrong folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

As already said, avoid start of month. There always seem to be a queue there, but it moves along fairly quickly normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

not for much longer, the lovely people in Government have decided to relieve us of this chore, soon, no matter if your car is lying in the back of a garden in a 6 foot hole it must be taxed.

You're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

The plan is to close the legal provision for non-payment of motor tax for a period while a vehicle is reported to the gardaí as being "off the road",

It has been agreed in principle with the Departments of the Environment and Transport but, afaik, no legislation brought in yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

It was busy there yesterday but the main problem is the parking, what a joke

They have that gang Synergy (sp?) making matters worse by trying to direct people in and out

At one point they had traffic backed up onto Melbourne Rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

The motor tax office is here.

I've been there at the start of the month and while the queue is huge it does move very quickly. Parking is no major issue in my experience. It's actually quite a quick process in fairness to them, nothing on getting a license in the other half of the building! To get it stamped as having been off road she just needs the form that the motor tax office has probably already sent her saying it needs to be taxed. There's a section on there for a declaration of it having been off road, nine times out of ten the garda just signs it and doesn't even ask why it was off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I do mine in the comfort of my own home online.:D

Advertisement